Soap Co in Meadowhall

last christmas i got the same treatment and got screwed over for £30.but on a good note my hands are silky soft:hihi:

How times have changed when I worked in Meadowhall they would not allow people to petsterd out on the mall.

Change of owners and the place is slowly going to the dogs.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

@Miss M - you say "what could you have done"... well how about perhaps going over and checking the old lady was ok. Maybe being a bit more vocal to the offending staff member, their other staff and people around about what you saw, maybe report it to customer services before you left... You wouldn't have necessarilly had to wander around looking for security.

My point is. If the whole incident was so bad that its worth bothering sending an email to meadowhall and create this thread why not do something about it at the time. You obviously thought it was serious enough.

Oh come on - you're arguing with the OP for the sake of arguing. She clearly has not sent a complaint in about that specific incident but about the annoying Soap and Co sales people - which is just not what you need when you're in stuffy Meadowhell.

It was up to the lady who was 'assaulted' to have reported such a minor incident, if she felt it needed it. No one in their right mind would waste police/security time by reporting someone's hand being pulled out of their pocket.

Your argument is totally pointless - If I were in the OP's position, I'd be doing exactly the same thing - complaining and mentioning the 'assault' incident so that Soap And Co could be adequately warned. Luckily, I've managed to avoid them so far but have heard about their 'pushy' tactics.

They are annoying,but just say not interested and walk on.simples

i just walk past them and refuse to give eye contact. i tried in the past to go with a polite "no thanks" but they see that as an invite to keep talking

Totally agree they are so annoying.

:hihi::hihi: they only pull the loppy ones in.

That is why I avoid them, I dont want to get assaulted.

One even tried selling me some pigeons.

Chuggers and sellers of any sort dont bother me, if I'm not buying I'm not buying, end of.

I dont have any problems with someone doing their job and trying to put food on their plate, good luck to them.

I hate going near them with a passion they will not take no for an answer rude I hate that stall :rant:

Oh come on - you're arguing with the OP for the sake of arguing. She clearly has not sent a complaint in about that specific incident but about the annoying Soap and Co sales people - which is just not what you need when you're in stuffy Meadowhell.

It was up to the lady who was 'assaulted' to have reported such a minor incident, if she felt it needed it. No one in their right mind would waste police/security time by reporting someone's hand being pulled out of their pocket.

Your argument is totally pointless - If I were in the OP's position, I'd be doing exactly the same thing - complaining and mentioning the 'assault' incident so that Soap And Co could be adequately warned. Luckily, I've managed to avoid them so far but have heard about their 'pushy' tactics.

If my argument is "totally pointless" does that not mean that this entire thread was totally pointless???? hmmmm.

Was it serious enough to be reported or not? Did the OP actually see it happen or not? What exactly did the OP see - did it just LOOK like her hand was grabbed? Was it serious enough to complain about or not?

Come on.... if anyone is going create a post and a email of complaint it must be serious.. right?

I challenged it because it did not make sense for someone to ignore it at the time only to complain about it hours later. Im allowed to do that on a public forum. You post something, I can debate it.

I was trying to suggest that the OP's complaint would have much more merit if it was reported either there and then or very soon after. Perhaps you would like to stop and think exactly what Meadowhall would be able to do with that email hours later without any proof, witnesses or verification of the incident taking place. You cant just go up to a paying tennant and start giving warnings out without something backing it up.

Perhaps the OP was just a disgruntled customer looking for a way of having a dig against the company? Perhaps the OP was just annoyed that those nasty sales people attempted to stop her and try to sell her something and was getting her revenge??

Who knows. I dont and you certainly dont. That's why I challenged it.

Maybe your debate talking about how pointless my debate was, is well..... totally pointless.

If my argument is "totally pointless" does that not mean that this entire thread was totally pointless???? hmmmm.

Was it serious enough to be reported or not? Did the OP actually see it happen or not? What exactly did the OP see - did it just LOOK like her hand was grabbed? Was it serious enough to complain about or not?

Come on.... if anyone is going create a post and a email of complaint it must be serious.. right?

I challenged it because it did not make sense for someone to ignore it at the time only to complain about it hours later. Im allowed to do that on a public forum. You post something, I can debate it.

I was trying to suggest that the OP's complaint would have much more merit if it was reported either there and then or very soon after. Perhaps you would like to stop and think exactly what Meadowhall would be able to do with that email hours later without any proof, witnesses or verification of the incident taking place. You cant just go up to a paying tennant and start giving warnings out without something backing it up.

Perhaps the OP was just a disgruntled customer looking for a way of having a dig against the company? Perhaps the OP was just annoyed that those nasty sales people attempted to stop her and try to sell her something and was getting her revenge??

Who knows. I dont and you certainly dont. That's why I challenged it.

Maybe your debate talking about how pointless my debate was, is well..... totally pointless.

You put a lot of time and effort into a totally pointless argument then. :hihi: