Mandaric / Jones taking a sensible approach?

After reading a few stories in the media it seems Sheffield Wednesdays management team are looking to take a sensible approach in improving / strengthening the squad before next season or at least that seems the case so far.

It seems Wednesday have pulled out of the race for highly rated Pompeiii full back Joel Ward due to the £450,000 asking price, the see it as either over the odds for a player of his standard or simply don't want to commit that amount of cash to a single signing? That said i'm in no doubt that a Championship club will come in and pay the asking price as he's a top young player, highly rated and of Championship standard for sure.

Looking at United I think personally it is a sensible approach from your management team, which ever reason it is for them not signing players at the minute speaking from a football point of view and the point of view of a fan of a club who seem to be strangled by wage bills, a sensible approach has to be taken in improving the squad within a sensible wage bill.

Inevitably signings will happen for Wednesday, I can see a similar number to Ipswichs 8-9 this season come in to Hillsborough but as I said the other week when I was promptly shot down by Owls fans, the right approach has to be taken, the club has recently had a turn in fortune and balanced books has to be a priority whilst maintaining Championship football for at least this season, after that and the ship is steady then Mandaric and Jones can possibly evaluate the clubs situation and be more ambitious.

Milan won't mess about, he's getting on and he want next season to be a consolodation season if he has anything to do with it.

With all 3 teams that have come down from the PL not having money to throw at going back up and so many other teams in decline (Birmingham & M'boro), there is optimism for us to go and finish in the top 10.

Ia this a sensible approach, I don't think so. If they think he is good enough to improve the team, then he will be bought, as simple as that.

Milan won't mess about, he's getting on and he want next season to be a consolodation season if he has anything to do with it.

With all 3 teams that have come down from the PL not having money to throw at going back up and so many other teams in decline (Birmingham & M'boro), there is optimism for us to go and finish in the top 10.

Ia this a sensible approach, I don't think so. If they think he is good enough to improve the team, then he will be bought, as simple as that.

I think BB was right Aaron lad, SWFC pulling out as asking price too high (450k) and Leeds looking like front runners to sign him, at least that is what I read this morning, things could have changed by now of course.

I think the way they are looking at it is, why pay £450k to a club then have to offer the player wages and other fee's on top when they could probably get a player of the same stature who is at the end or almost finished his contract and use a good chunk of the £450k to pay his wages and fee's thus saving the club cash without breaking the bank