Consumer Rights-Missold Jacket

Hi everyone, hope your all well.

I bought a jacket from meadowhall a couple of week ago, and it cost me £65. I bought the jacket from an established retailer there, but i believe i was misdescribed the product.

The sales advisor who sold me the jacket informed me it was a Polics Jacket (ie the people who make the sunglasses) i had no reason to doubt him as their was other well established brands in the shop such as Armani. I took the product home and upon closer inspection its a brand called 883 Police, so not the Police brand that i was led to believe.

Also on their website it says Police and not 883 Police.

I took the jacket back last week hoping to get a refund as it was misdescribed but the sales advisor said that they could only offer a credit note or exchange. And the sales advisor who originally misdescribed the product was in fact an actual Manager at the store and he was off on that particular day.

Im going to therefore go back later today and try and get a full refund.

JUst wondered if anyone had any tips or advice to help me?

Regards,

Scott

Im sure this subject has been discussed on here before, if I remember correctly, the outcome was that you do NOT have to accept an exchange or credit note, and you are entirley within your right to demand a cash refund.

Another one for refund.

I had a similar experience with a store in meadowhall.

I wont name the name.

When the manager came out and said "its not faulty so no refund" i just stood at the door and warned everyone coming in to check the labels of what they were buying as some of the stuff was fake.

I got my refund in under 5 minutes :D

I took the jacket back last week hoping to get a refund as it was misdescribed but the sales advisor said that they could only offer a credit note or exchange. And the sales advisor who originally misdescribed the product was in fact an actual Manager at the store and he was off on that particular day

Never let them fob you off. Stores should have policies and procedures in place so that a second member of staff can perform the roles in the absence of another.

Contact the Citizens Advice consumer service on 08454 040506. They will give you every piece of legalese you require and tell you exactly what your rights are. They are also the first point of contact or the OFT who can investigate mis-selling.

Remember, you do not have to accept store credit and neither do you have to wait for the particular member of staff to return. You bought the jacket form the retailer and that retailer is liable not the employee.

If it was miss-sold you do have the right to take it back as the items were not as described.

Don't let them fob you off with a credit note.

Which store was it?

Wasn't there a label in the jacket when you bought it?

Hi everyone, thanks for your information and advice. I was in the store (Tucci) for about an hour and eventually got a full refund. I told them about the sales of goods act, and when they realised later that i voice recorded the whole conversation, i think it panicked them abit as they were being rather condescending and arrogant. Fortunately the area manager was in the store that day and i took it up with him. He basically said that thats what they refer the brand as the original 'Police' and even on their website its advertised as Police and not 883 Police. he told me to go on USC website and siad they call it Police, i went on it in store and low and behold its advertised as 883 Police. So they begrudgingly gave me a full refund! Justice done

Thanks again for your advice and feedback