For those of you with young children

Does anyone on here have experience of Reignhead Nursery? If so, what is their policy on toilet training.

Now might not be the best time to pressure him to ask for the potty/toilet what with everything else going on in his life.

However, I believe that most nurseries like children to be clean and dry by the time they start and can cater for the ocasional wet pants. Yes you can use pull-ups of course which are fine for wees but if he wants a poo he will be mighty uncomfortable sitting in it for a couple of hours.

Personally I would be tempted to remove the nappies/pull-ups completely and be prepared for lots of little mistakes while the he is still in the home environment, after all a month is a long time. Lots and lots of praise for remembering to ask for the toilet and just see what happens. If by the time he starts nursery you feel that he needs the security of the pull-ups then speak to the nursery about it.

Well we had a bit of a breakthrough today. He removed his pull ups himself and went to the potty, then for the rest of the day wore his cotton pants and removed them for wees himself ... so we will press on ...

Our lounge carpet is rather worse for wear ... yuk! If we werent thinking of moving next year I would have replaced it with laminate or cushionfloor.

Originally posted by alysonpeach

Well we had a bit of a breakthrough today. He removed his pull ups himself and went to the potty, then for the rest of the day wore his cotton pants and removed them for wees himself ... so we will press on ...

:clap: :clap: :banana: