Underfloor heating question

Mats are usually for under laminate and the like. We had Hydroleak off here tile our bathroom floor last week and the electric heating under the tiles was a wire bedded into the tile adhesive.

We got ours from Topps tiles as a kit but Screwfix is cheaper. Not to sure about Screwfix controls being as fancy as Topps.

If you can, I would defintely recommend going for a water based floor heating system that connects to your existing heating system. The problem with electric is that they are simply tile warmers whereas a water based system will act as the central heating within the room. It also means you can do away with your wall based radiators and free up space for additional wall units/storage.

If you would like any additional information or advice we can come and have a chat with you. There is no obligation and our advice is free.

If you get a high output matt it will heat the room too, is is advisable to cover with levelling compound before tilling as the tilling trowel may cut the delicate heating element .A compound with fibre reinforcement is recommend as the floor will expand and contract as is heats up etc. Also a thermo reflective barrier is recommended too.

I am looking at installing electric heating mats on a concrete floor under tiles in my kitchen/diner. Do you have to screed in the mat before laying the tiles?

Many thanks

Would also consider thermal boards,more economical. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further advice or a free no obligation quote

Regards