Excel/VCS lose in Court (+ Tribunal)

it was posted and then moved in to the excel megathread.

This is the second time Excel have lost in court recently. Everybody knows their worthless parking "Invoices" arnt worth the paper they are written on ,and now the courts have confirmed that. The sooner legislation is brought in to outlaw private parking companies the better. These firms are just chancers trying to demand money with menaces. Luckily most people see these people for what they are ,and just ignore any "Invoives" they get from them ,but its the small minority of motorists that may panic into paying up when the threatening letters drop on the door mat that concerns me ,and they are the ones companies like Excel thrive on . These private parking firms must be outlawed once and for all.

Penistone you are dead right.

It is very interesting to compare this issue to the crooks at TV Licensing. Almost exactly the same issues. Driven by salesmen who are pretending to be "enforcement officers" And court threats which are not worth the paper they are written on.

This is the second time Excel have lost in court recently. Everybody knows their worthless parking "Invoices" arnt worth the paper they are written on ,and now the courts have confirmed that. The sooner legislation is brought in to outlaw private parking companies the better. These firms are just chancers trying to demand money with menaces. Luckily most people see these people for what they are ,and just ignore any "Invoives" they get from them ,but its the small minority of motorists that may panic into paying up when the threatening letters drop on the door mat that concerns me ,and they are the ones companies like Excel thrive on . These private parking firms must be outlawed once and for all.

So, let me get this right. Are you complaining about receiving a ticket for parking somewhere you should not?

I have an issue with your comments. Mainly because I live in an area where everyone one and their dog seems to think that they can park their car in a private parking space to go to town to shop or work or attend Uni etc. How do you propose we as residents deal with these inconsiderate drivers who want o park for nothing?

Penistone you are dead right.

It is very interesting to compare this issue to the crooks at TV Licensing. Almost exactly the same issues. Driven by salesmen who are pretending to be "enforcement officers" And court threats which are not worth the paper they are written on.

You should have a license to watch BBC TV, if you don't have one then you should buy one, just like if you wish to watch Sky, you buy into it. These companies ned cash to run, if they don't get the revenue then the cease to exist.

Too many people seem to want something for nothing in this world.

You should have a license to watch BBC TV, if you don't have one then you should buy one, just like if you wish to watch Sky, you buy into it. These companies ned cash to run, if they don't get the revenue then the cease to exist.

I think you're missing the point of this topic.

This person has no idea.....

This person has no idea.....

The way some people reply it seems that they have an agenda ie involvement.

The way some people reply it seems that they have an agenda ie involvement.

Yes I give help to people who get these invoices in the post, so they don't get fleeced

I think you're missing the point of this topic.

The more interesting question, to me, is why would anyone be interested in this topic? People who park only where they're allowed to park never have any dealings with Excel or any other parking companies.

People who park where they're not allowed to park ... well, explain to me again why they should be allowed to do so? Because surely "not allowed to park" is a self-explanatory phrase?

The more interesting question, to me, is why would anyone be interested in this topic? People who park only where they're allowed to park never have any dealings with Excel or any other parking companies.

People who park where they're not allowed to park ... well, explain to me again why they should be allowed to do so? Because surely "not allowed to park" is a self-explanatory phrase?

People unfortunately can find themselves having dealings with Excel when they park on their own land or when they park on the land for which they share a lease with neighbours when they have done absolutely nothing wrong, not only within the eyes of the law but also within the rules agreed by the landowner.....

My G/F has just received a PCN through the post from VCS Services. She overstayed at Berkley Precinct by bumping into a friend and going for a coffee at Costa (Yeugh!)

I told her to just ignore the PCN and have no contact with them. As a law abiding person, she feels she should pay the 'fine' (her word) though. She doesn't really believe me even though I've told her about this and other threads.

I'd appreciate it if some of you could tell her to ignore it on this thread and I'll show the replies to her later (she doesn't read SF normally :rolleyes:)

:):thumbsup: