Excel/VCS lose in Court (+ Tribunal)

Sorry to bring this up again I know these sorts of tickets have been mentioned before my missus has just recieved a "PARKING CHARGE NOTICE" for parking over time in the car park in broomhill above the shops she may have been rushing and not let one of the pound coins register so only paying 1.50 instead of 2.50

Anyway if someone could give me an experience of when they have simply ignored it or not paid it or advice on should we pay it

If I have put this in the wrong place sorry could you point me in the right direction.

I have been on moneysupermarket they advise not to pay it if it is unfair but the nagging thing in our minds is that she did over stay the time

Please help

If you do a search on here, you will find 100's of people saying to ignore it - its a CHARGE - not a FINE - only enforcable if its issued by the council....

I had one back in January, completely at random as we had a valid ticket. Just ignored it, got lots of threatening letters (and one phone call), nothing more. Last heard from them in June.

They cannot enforce their invoice except by taking you to court, which they won't do.

I have one on-going at present, i am ignoring it as i did the last one. These charges are not enforceable.

Ignore the posts which will inevitably follow saying you should pay the "fines" - these are by parking company stooges. The thread will then be closed after a brief angry exchange, it's the routine here.

:D

PS this is the chain of letters you can expect, scroll down to Excel Parking. I have had all these for the 2 charges.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2214803

Stay calm and put them in the bin. NEVER EVER REPLY TO THEM.

Edited by dixieslaces

The private parking company Excel who are based in Sheffield, lose again in court. The message needs to be spread as far as possible, don't pay private parking company's "fines". They are not fines, they are unenforceable invoices. Take no notice of them. Do not reply. Do not contact them and whatever you do, don't appeal.

After a few letters threatening all sorts of dire consequences none of which they carry out - they will stop bothering you.

Since I am a new member I am not allowed to post a URL. The story is in the Manchester Evening News.

I agree. There has been a feature about this on Watch Dog if I remember rightly.

The message was plain and clear. DON'T PAY!

We know all council parking service staff and private parking companies are mostly just pure jobsworth scumballs though, otherwise they wouldn't be doing that job in the first place.

We know all council parking service staff and private parking companies are mostly just pure jobsworth scumballs though, otherwise they wouldn't be doing that job in the first place.

There is a real difference. Council staff are allowed to issue fines. Whether we like it or not.

Private parking companies aren't. Doesn't stop them disguising their unenforceable invoices as fines though.