Bee Gees' Robin Gibb Dead

So is it the case, if you're gonna get the big 'C' it matters not what sort of lifestyle you live? Is it the case, If you're gonna get it, you're gonna get it regardless?

Edited by quisquose
Removed content. Personal remarks relevant to a discussion on cancer, but irrelevant now the 2 different discussions merged.

So is it the case, if you're gonna get the big 'C' it matters not what sort of lifestyle you live? Is it the case, If you're gonna get it, you're gonna get it regardless?

No clearly that is not the case, life is not predetermined.

Your lifestyle can have a large effect on the chance of you getting cancer (amongst other illnesses), although so can your genetics and your environment.

Living a healthy lifestyle doesn't give you any guarantees, particularly if other factors are stacked against you, but it does reduce the chance of illness.

I was sad to hear the passing of Robin Gibb, who was a legend of musical talent, and will be remembered for a very long time.

But. I also heard that he died of bowel and stomach cancer. A sickening was to go, it has to be said. However, the news also reported that he was a tea-total, and a vergetarian, and I'm guessing he didn't smoke either. So to all intents and purposes lead a pretty healthy lifestyle.

It is a mixture of genetics and lifestyle I suppose. I don't think abandoning healthy living as a result would be the answer certainly.

Yes it is such a loss, one of the BEST groups ever, RIP Robin Gibb

Very sad news, I can picture him singing 'Massachusettes'

R.I.P.

Yes, my favourite Bee Gees song of all time. RIP

Very sad news, been a fan of the Bee Gees' for many years.

RIP Robin, you will be missed, a great loss to the music world.:(

God bless Barry. No brothers and no band.

Thanks for the memories Robin (and Maurice).

An unblemished back catalogue of music.

RIP

Listening to the news this morning,and quite surprised at the amount of great songs they wrote,that other artists sang.

Listening to the news this morning,and quite surprised at the amount of great songs they wrote,that other artists sang.

The greatest English songwriting team since Lennon and Thumbs Aloft!

Don't forget the songs they wrote for others including Chain Reaction, If I Can't Have You, Heart Stop Beating In Time, Heartbreaker, Islands In The Stream etc.

The greatest English songwriting team since Lennon and Thumbs Aloft!

Don't forget the songs they wrote for others including Chain Reaction, If I Can't Have You, Heart Stop Beating In Time, Heartbreaker, Islands In The Stream etc.

Single handedly they nearly destroyed music how it should be,thank god Punk came along when it did.

irrepective of that RIP Mr Gibb

Single handedly they nearly destroyed music how it should be,thank god Punk came along when it did.

irrepective of that RIP Mr Gibb

My collection includes Never Mind The ********, The Great Rock And Roll Swindle and 4 Bee Gees albums!!