Number plate broke off by car at BP Meadowhead

I only allow Kosovan youths to wash my car. It provides much needed employment for them and they work hard with a smile on their faces despite their plight.

Smiling because every penny goes in there pocket and dont contribute back via national insurance and income tax.

I personally was my own car.

That amused me more than it should have...

If a restaurant put a sign up saying 'You eat here at your own risk, we do not take liability for foreign items found in food or subsequent food poisoning' does anyone really think it would negate them from liability ?

Why should many other forms of service be able to opt out of responsibility....They can't, but they try!

I only allow Kosovan youths to wash my car..... they work hard with a smile on their faces despite their plight.

They're thinking of what they are going to spend the money on !

just been to the car wash at the bp petrol station at meadwhead and half way through the machine doing its wash, the rollers stoped at the back of the car, a work colleague came and told me to stay where i was he did something around the back of the car with the rollers then re set the machine to finish its wash, when iv got home iv had a look at the car to see how clean the car was and i noticed that half the number plate had been snapped off, the thing that gets me is that the worker never told me, he just re set the machine and went, i dont know where i stand on this but i think i should be given the cash value for a new number plate, anyone know what i should do?

there is a hand car wash now opened across the road at the transport club car wash starts at £4

That amused me more than it should have...

:hihi::hihi::hihi: he must be Herbie

just been to the car wash at the bp petrol station at meadwhead and half way through the machine doing its wash, the rollers stoped at the back of the car, a work colleague came and told me to stay where i was he did something around the back of the car with the rollers then re set the machine to finish its wash, when iv got home iv had a look at the car to see how clean the car was and i noticed that half the number plate had been snapped off, the thing that gets me is that the worker never told me, he just re set the machine and went, i dont know where i stand on this but i think i should be given the cash value for a new number plate, anyone know what i should do?

It would be a cold day in hell before I ever used a garage car wash I have seen some of the results they produce.

Cant beat a large bucket and sponge good quality car wash liquid and a decent chamois leather.

Yeah like at knowsley safari park,at they monkey section.:mad:

Slightly off topic but I dont understand people who take there cars to safari parks. It's like driving your car around 4 miles of broken glass and barbed wire and paying for the privelage :hihi:

If half the number plate was snapped off,wheres the half thats snapped off?Was it on the car wash floor?

I doubt it wery much that the car wash has done it esp if it was attached properly when you went in.

Can you positively state that the number plate was intact immediately prior to your car entering the car wash? If so did you see the machine damage the plate? How long was it after leaving the car wash did you notice the damage? Was it damaged before you went in to the car wash?

Unfortunately there is no evidence to say that it was damaged in the car wash and I fear that the cost of trying to claim costs from the garage would far outweigh the cost of a new plate.

As someone stated earlier I would never use one of those automated car washes purely because of the scratching it creates on the paintwork!

my friend went through a car wash the wheel scrub brushes hit the doors and not the wheels .he couldnt claim for the scratching.