My ears are driving me mad!!

Moonbird

For years I have had Tinnitus, to be honest it rarely bothers me and I am mainly good at forgetting it and getting on with what I am doing, but have noticed it at bed time quite a bit lately, then for the last 2 days I have a crackling sound in my ear, it sounds like someone playing with a carrier bag :rolleyes: weird thing is that it also tickles and I can feel it moving.

Is this ear wax? I never seem to have any and not going deaf etc.

Tinnitus is a neurological problem, the crackling you describe sounds closer to the outside. (eg;like catarrh in your middle ear) if it bugs you, you could go see you doc or prctice nurse and they could check your outer ear for wax infection etc and look at your eardrum to see if there's infection there.

I had a similar sensation in my ear once. It drove me nuts! When I went to the Docs to check it out he found a stray bit of hair stuck in it. He said it needed to come out as hairs stuck in your lugoles can cause irritation & infection.

What you must avoid doing is poking around with a cotton bud. It can make matters worse. See the Doc!

It has stopped again now...well apart from the tinnitus which comes and goes and has for years, I did have ear ache in my other ear a couple of days ago as well, think I will have a pop down to the Drs...thanks to who replied :)