Torres to Leave Chelsea ??

CorkerSWFC

Fernando Torres has told Sky Sports' Spanish expert Guillem Balague he is considering his future at Chelsea after his Champions League final snub.

The striker helped dump Barcelona out in the semi-finals but was named only on the bench in Munich, with Didier Drogba instead the inspiration for the Blues' penalty shootout triumph.

The £50m man was an unused substitute in the Blues' FA Cup final win over Liverpool and admitted he wants showdown talks with the club's hierarchy.

"It's contradictory because I feel like I'm at a peak moment in my career, with more desire and hunger than I've felt in a long time but I had to spend the final on the bench," Torres told Balague in an interview with as.com.

"It was a great disappointment when I saw the line-up, perhaps the greatest of my life.

"This season I have felt things I had not felt before. I felt that I was treated in a way that I did not expect, not the way they talked when I joined this club.

"We will talk about my future because what I've experienced this year is not a role for me, nor is it the one I expected to play when I came here. I'm not comfortable.

"A victory like in Munich makes up for it, but I need the club to tell me what is going to happen and what sort of role I will have within the team and then judge whether it is worth it."

How can Torres leave with the wages he`s on. Who`s going to match it, with his very low strike rate. Never mind the transfer fee, which would have to be drastically reduced.

Chelsea also need to keep him as a squad player if Drogba leaves.They would need to get in another proven striker, and then see if he performs, before getting rid of Torres.

Of course Liverpool could offer £35million to Newcastle for Cisse, and then Newcastle could buy Torres for £20million! Or Torres could go back home to Madrid.