How can I get my daughter to have formula milk from a bottle?? HELP

I have been breast feeding my daughter for 8 months I tried to stop breast feeding her when she was 6 months old.

I have tried everything from different bottles to expressing my breast milk into a bottle but she will just not take to the bottle at all. I got told by my midwife to not give up and she will take to the bottle when shes hungry so i tried this and she went 8 hours with out feeding and in the end i gave up and fed her.

What else can I do?????

Any advice will be helpful..Thanks xx

My daughter was the same and I just persevered. She would however take bottles from other people, have you tried that? Good luck.

Yes other family members have tried but she just spits it out. I have also tried different types of formula milk and just plain water but she will not take anything from a bottle.

Try a feeder cup rather than a bottle she may find that easier :)

She is presumably on solids? An alternative would be to add lots of fluid to the puréed foods to ensure that she remains hydrated. The feeder cup is a good suggestion.

Hiya. Yeah ill try cup feeder her. Ive tried beaker thought she would be a little young for cup but ill sure try it. She has 2 meals a day and lots of fruit. I tried putting formula milk into her morning porridge but she wont have that either. Thanks for cup advise going to try her now

So Ive tried the cup and she seems okay with it she still spits some out but i think she swallowing a bit also. She usually only has breast milk to get her to sleep as a comfort kinder thing

I sympathise - my DD was mixed fed from birth, but at around 8 weeks, decided she did not like formula after all, and shortly after that, refused breast milk from bottles too. She is now 14 weeks, and we've struggled to get anything from a bottle down her. I'm starting to stress as I go back to work quite soon and she's obviously too young for solids.

The only very limited success we've had is using MAM teats, which she'll take occassionally, if she's in a good mood, or too sleepy to protest.

Good luck, and if anyone has any tips, please let me know!

Have you tried that NUK Bottle my health visitor said there really good because they are more flexible, easier for the baby to latch on to. I got one and my daughter took to it straight away. She still won't take it off anyone else but shes been feeding from bottle for 2 days now it's wonderful xx

Also when feeding her put your little finger underneath the teat

W tried the Nuk bottle - no joy. MAM were the only ones ours would touch.

e

What about spoon feeding her some formula so she can develop a taste for it? I think most babies are the same in that they don't take change easy, but its probably just a case of perseverance. The late feeds are probably going to be easier when she's tired and less likely to argue, especially if she still 'dream feeds'. Does she have a dummy or does she use you for comfort all the time?