Recommended shampoo for really young but smelly puppy!

I use Kelco Dr.Hypo shampoo as it's hypoallergenic and made from 100% natural ingredients so there are no harsh chemicals in it. However, I'm not sure if you can get it in small bottles.

Only buy pet products, resist the urge to use human shampoo as dogs have a slightly different PH balance to us so human shampoos can strip away the acis mantel which is the skins protective barrier. Cheap pet shampoos can also do this and the dog will have itchy skin and may end up having to have treatment from the vet for it.

Animology is good but i personally dont like the smell of it. 'Groomers' shampoos are good too but they are quite strong. Any hypoallergenic ones are a pretty safe bet.

The independent pet shop in Hilsborough sells a waterless dog shampoo. It is less than a fiver. It sprays on, leave for a few mins and brush off. It instantly smells better and the next day looks even more shiny and feels softer.

*** However it smells of coconut so only use if you have already got a holiday booked or you may struggle to stay out of the travel agents!

The independent pet shop in Hilsborough sells a waterless dog shampoo. It is less than a fiver. It sprays on, leave for a few mins and brush off. It instantly smells better and the next day looks even more shiny and feels softer.

*** However it smells of coconut so only use if you have already got a holiday booked or you may struggle to stay out of the travel agents!

Do you mean Fisher's Pet Store?

Netherlands Boarding and Rescue Kennels- 'Giving Local Dogs A Chance' http://www.netherlandsdogrescue.co.uk

Mill House Animal Sanctuary- 'For The Neglected We Care' http://www.animalsheltersheffield.co.uk

You can get doggy deoderant from most pet shops if your pups gonna be a stinky one. Our old dog was so we used to spray her with that every few days between baths so we didn't have to bath her like 3 times per week.

It smelled a bit like talc to me and got rid of her particular smelly old dog odour :)