Leppings Lane, Hillsborough

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice? I haven't lived in Sheffield long but I'm looking to buy a flat and I just want to make sure that it's not in a bad area!

The flat I like is on Leppings lane, near the football ground. The flat itself is lovely and i really like hillsborough but I'm a bit concerned about the area for a couple of reasons. Some of the terraces look a bit run down and property prices seem much lower in that area compared to the rest of hillsborough.

Does anyone have any advice on the area?

Also, if anyone knows any other nice flat developments in the area with flats for sale please let me know.

I guess the football traffic/noise and the floods in 2007 are what keeps prices around there, and the lack of parking. The transport with the tram is excellent though & you're near the park so it can be a good place to live for the money.

Is it Bickerton House? At least you have off road parking.

Further down like Vere Road got flooded but Leppings Lane was ok. Leppings Lane gets shut off for a small while during football matches so you may be best enquiring if this is a problem regarding access.

If it is not Bickerton house then parking may be a problem and traffic noise.

does it have to be a flat? :)

there are some great little terraces in hillsborough that may well be within your budget.

if you are specifically looking for flats, you can do a search on rightmove and filter flats only. there are 17 two bedroom flats in S6 for under £100k:) more if you look for one bedroom or over that price!

good luck hunting.

re the area, flooding can be an issue in that part of hillsborough, so property prices understandably lower, that is what I have been told in the past when i saw some fantastic houses being sold for what seemed like very little compared to other areas.

the football ground apparently doesn't cause any problems:)

Have lived in the area for years; It's a nice place. As mentioned above, traffic, lack of parking and match days can be an issue. Crime and anti-social behaviour not an issue at all tho. Property values as stated are perhaps due to the flood issue.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of your comments.

Yeah the flat is in Bickerton House. I've looked at loads of terraces but I haven't seen any nice ones yet. I don't really mind whether I end up with a flat or a house though. Generally I prefer flats because they're newer and I'm too lazy/don't have enough time to work on a house. Also I'd like off street parking if possible.

My main concern is accidently living in a place with anti social behaviour/crime problems! I live on my own and finish work late a lot so I would want to feel safe walking around etc.

Thanks again for your help.

I have always found Leppings Lane and Hillsborough to be safe and I have not been the victim of any crime. I feel safe in this area. I'd say it is a good place to live

I think you will be ok at Bickerton House. Plus Spar at Law Bros petrol station is across the road and open 24hrs in case you need an inhalation of Nicotine.:hihi:

Yeah I would go with these guys, good place to live for the money and very safe as long as you don't mind the odd football crowd but really they're no bother, infact having so many people about probably makes it safer if anything. Hillsborough is a good area and for the money you pay much better than similar priced areas elsewhere.

We lived on Bickerton Road from 2004 until 2010 and found it a very pleasant place to live. In fact, we lived there as they were building that block of flats.

The only problems we had were parking on match days, but that comes with the territory and will not be a problem for you if you have off road parking.

We liked the area as you have the tram nearby, a walk into Hillsboro for shops and the park close by too.

A bit over priced on there, regents court is a better area too

As mentioned parking on match days is a pain. We have relatives down that way and its a nightmare. The areas nice though and i think you will find a lot of areas in Sheffield have run down terraced houses due to the ecconomic down turn. Nows the time to buy one.