Old Video Game Companies

use to love playing lemmings on my Amiga A500+

Sony own lemmings now and supposedly are making a psn/vita version.

:confused:

Damn, I've wanted an Xbox version of Lemmings for years, and now it'll probably never happen :(

a modern day version probs wont feel the same as the classic one.

so i will probs give it a miss.

Indeed, several years ago I played a demo of Lemmings 3D on the PC, it was crap compared to the 2D original IMO, and even 17 years ago running a 3D game at anywhere near full tilt required a Ninja PC.

Indeed, several years ago I played a demo of Lemmings 3D on the PC, it was crap compared to the 2D original IMO, and even 17 years ago running a 3D game at anywhere near full tilt required a Ninja PC.

Are you both daft? A 2D lemmings on touch screen vita would be awesome.

Are you both daft? A 2D lemmings on touch screen vita would be awesome.

Not if its modern graphics and feels nothing like the classic one. There's only one lemmings game for me.

Kuju Entertainment used to have a studio in Sheffield, latterly known as 'Chemistry'. They were working on a really promising looking WWI FPS called 'To End All Wars'. I was hoping to get a placement there a few years ago but they kinda just disappeared, I can't find any info on what happened to them. Kuju itself is still going though.

EDIT: ah, well whatta ya know... http://kotaku.com/5278300/kuju-entertainment-closes-its-dedicated-unreal-engine-branch

:confused:

Damn, I've wanted an Xbox version of Lemmings for years, and now it'll probably never happen :(

Why? It would be an awful thing to play with an xbox controller, needs either a mouse or touchscreen.

Doesn't that segasonic guy off here work for them?

Yes he does. He's my brother.

I wrote quite a few games in my early teens i.e. adventure games, jigsaw like puzzles, an Olympics game etc and was going to start a company called Amsoft, then girls came along and spoilt all that, Amstrad took the name and that was it.

I hung out with the Gremlin guys for a while in their shop. Didn't they go on to become Gremlin Graphics and now exist as Gremlin again?

Biggest regret of my life was not becoming a full blown geek and continuing in my quest, I reckon I'd be very rich now and probably living in silicone valley.

Doh! :loopy:

Gremlin Graphics was taken over by the French company Infogrames in 1999 and then closed down in 2003. The staff went on to found Sumo-Digital who are still around today (based near Meadowhall) and employ many of the same people who worked on the classic Gremlin games (Tony Crowther and Peter Harrop, for example).

---------- Post added 03-05-2013 at 07:54 ----------

Monty Mole was remade by school children as part of the 2012 Games Britannia festival and is available to download for free on the Windows 8 store. It includes a bit of background about the game's Sheffield-based heritage.