Never enough staff on at Weatherspoons.

Why are there never enough staff on at Weatherspoons. I know the answer because thats how they keep their prices low by employing the minimum amount of staff on minimum wage! Went in Benjamin Huntsmans at lunch time had 30 minute wait for food. One lad behind bar felt so sorry for him was having to serve drinks, and bring the food out on his own! Dont know who was collecting and washing glasses probably him as well! He certainly earned his money! Its criminal though when so many out of work and am sure some students could do with some part time work.

" Its criminal though when so many out of work and am sure some students could do with some part time work."

At a time when pubs are failing, it may be better to cut numbers of staff and increase the amount of hours and work they do, rather than to close :)

The Woodseats branch always seems overstaffed, in contrast

plenty of staff in bankers draft.

mainly bouncers :)

thats why the prices can be so low, cutting overheads

Why are there never enough staff on at Weatherspoons. I know the answer because thats how they keep their prices low by employing the minimum amount of staff on minimum wage! Went in Benjamin Huntsmans at lunch time had 30 minute wait for food. One lad behind bar felt so sorry for him was having to serve drinks, and bring the food out on his own! Dont know who was collecting and washing glasses probably him as well! He certainly earned his money! Its criminal though when so many out of work and am sure some students could do with some part time work.

I'm with you on this one.

Glasgow and Ayr both the same.

I walk out if i aint served in less than 10 minutes.

What would you prefer - more staff and higher prices?

Is 30 minutes that long to wait for a meal to be cooked and served? Coffee shops and snack bars can take up to 20 minutes for items to be served.

I wouldn't have thought it was such a long time.

That's down to bad management not staff cut backs I have run a few pubs in the past and they give you a staff wage percentage to take and it is usually quite generous, but you have to use the wage percentage properly by putting staff on at the right time it is not in the establishments best interest to have people stood about when it is not busy same as it is not a good idea to have customers not being served as many times as they want as that is where the money comes from, its a fine balance that some pub staff just don't always get right.

Is 30 minutes that long to wait for a meal to be cooked and served? Coffee shops and snack bars can take up to 20 minutes for items to be served.

Cooked? Ha hah ha ha , nice one, hilarious. You should do stand up.

Cooked......:hihi:

Cooked? Ha hah ha ha , nice one, hilarious. You should do stand up.

Cooked......:hihi:

Ok smart arse....even if its nuked in a microwave (which we all know it is) is still cooked isn't it.

There are plenty of us at home who claim to "cook" food but we all know its get out the frozen meal and pop it in the microwave.

The point is.. 30 minutes for service and delivery is hardly waiting forever is it. If it was an hour you might have more cause for complaint.

Lets face it..... Some "fast food" can take that long. Look how long those workers in Starbucks and Costa spend faffing around just to make a cup of coffee or grill a panini. If you go to a busy greasy spoon or a dept store cafe think how long it can take them to bring out a simple dish. Even pizza hut and Dominos have sometimes taken well over a hour or more.

Wasnt really complaining about having to wait 30 minutes (though in weatherspoons you usually get your food very quickly). More commenting on the fact they never have enough staff and some people arent prepared to wait ages at the bar they will just move onto to another pub so they are loosing customers. Also feel sorry for the staff as rushed off their feet for minimum wage I know nobody forcing them to work there but nowadays when there is little else they probably have no choice!

Totally agree spoons get a lot right the prices and the beers are normally good however customer service is an area they often fail at,not sure they employ mystery drinkers to see whats really going on in their pubs but if they don,t maybe they should.

However SOME of the customers you get in those places must test their patience!