Saturday collection from Royal Mail offices on Brightside Lane

Hi

Spent ages trying to find this out earlier on today and thought I'd share the knowledge.

The last collection from the post box at the Brightside Lane Royal Mail depot is 3.30pm on a Saturday. Very useful for that birthday card that needs to be there on Monday and your local collection was 15 minutes early... you've missed the last post.

Cheers

jon

Edited by guitarmanjon

I beg to differ. Turned up at my local PO to send some things at 11.50 and was told they wouldn't go until Monday as the collection had been made already...even though they advertise it as being at 12.00. The lass behind the counter even said "Yeah, he was a bit early today."

Hi

Spent ages trying to find this out earlier on today and thought I'd share the knowledge.

The last collection from the post box at the Brightside Lane Royal Mail depot is 3.30pm on a Saturday. Very useful for that birthday card that needs to be there on Monday and your local collection was 15 minutes early...

Cheers

jon

Thanks thats useful to know :)

I beg to differ. Turned up at my local PO to send some things at 11.50 and was told they wouldn't go until Monday as the collection had been made already...even though they advertise it as being at 12.00. The lass behind the counter even said "Yeah, he was a bit early today."

The lass behind the counter was telling porkies. Which post office was this by the way ?

If you have been told it was early then complain to royal mail , this is strange as the driver will use the office bar code when he does the collection it will then be highlighted when they down load the times .

I cannot believe everyone is focussing on the early collection bit. Really, nothing better to do?? The whole point of me posting this thread was this:

The last collection from the post box at the Brightside Lane Royal Mail depot is 3.30pm on a Saturday.

At least one person appreciates it.

Thanks thats useful to know :)

Perhaps it would have been better if the original post had said something along the lines of ' useful if your last local collection has already been made ' rather than implying that the collection had been and gone ahead of advertised schedule.