Throwing stones at windows early morning s5?

a few weeks ago a group of kids threw a stone at my living room window about 11pm, we saw the kids run off, the window didnt break so we left it at that.

last night i went to bed but got up for a drink around 2am (husband was still watching tv downstairs) i just sat down on the sofa and heard a big almighty smash, within 3 or 4 seconds my husband had legged it upstairs to look out of window, we didnt see anyone apart from a freaky looking man stood on corner with his hood up just looking at us, it cant have been him because no way would he have time to run to the end of our road, its quite a long road and we was upstairs in seconds...

i phoned the police and the police agreed with me that it proberly wasnt kids at that time and the fact it was pouring with rain! they had a scout round but no one was about.

we sat up all night but didnt see anyone hanging about.

im so scared because i was robbed in my own home a few years back, they took my car after holding a knife to my throat, a few weeks before it happened we had stones thrown at our window quite often,

i dont live in the same house now or the same area and we know no one round here as we havent been living here that long.

Iam so so worried and my aniexty has come back, i jumped and screamed this morning when postman came!

Am i reading too much into this? have you had stones thrown at your windows at this time in the morning? i live on southey green road (wadsley bridge end)

Sorry to hear about this. 1st question is - have you got a car that the thieves would like? Don't answer this but the favourites at the moment are hot hatch type Audis and VWs also Landrovers for some reason. If you have such a car, can it be seen from the road ie on your driveway and not in a garage? Again don't answer this but if the answer is yes to both of these I would be a little concerned. It is possible the stone throwers are doing this to see if anyone is in and if there is no sign of life they will possibly try to break in to get your car keys. I hope this is not the case and it's just some mindless idiots but it's better to be safe than sorry.

It's unusual that kids would target you in particular repeatedly for no reason.

Can you think of anyone around your neighbourhood who dislikes you for any reason or any people who may have a grudge?

I'm just saying because it's not normal for anyone, kids or otherwise to repeatedly attack a property in such away just randomly.

Have a think about anybody around you who may have a problem with you.

Sorry to hear about this. 1st question is - have you got a car that the thieves would like? Don't answer this but the favourites at the moment are hot hatch type Audis and VWs also Landrovers for some reason. If you have such a car, can it be seen from the road ie on your driveway and not in a garage? Again don't answer this but if the answer is yes to both of these I would be a little concerned. It is possible the stone throwers are doing this to see if anyone is in and if there is no sign of life they will possibly try to break in to get your car keys. I hope this is not the case and it's just some mindless idiots but it's better to be safe than sorry.

this is what i first thought, chucking stones to see if theres a reaction if not break in and nick the car.....im so so scared and worried im jumping at every slightest noise and its only just gone dark! i wonder if history is going to repeat itself xx

It's unusual that kids would target you in particular repeatedly for no reason.

Can you think of anyone around your neighbourhood who dislikes you for any reason or any people who may have a grudge?

I'm just saying because it's not normal for anyone, kids or otherwise to repeatedly attack a property in such away just randomly.

Have a think about anybody around you who may have a problem with you.

nope, not at all, we keep ourselfs to ourselfs, never visit any local pubs or anything, i only know the shop keeper round here, dont talk to anyone else, dont know anyone else xx

this is what i first thought, chucking stones to see if theres a reaction if not break in and nick the car.....im so so scared and worried im jumping at every slightest noise and its only just gone dark! i wonder if history is going to repeat itself xx

I hope not but it might be wise to invest in some good quality CCTV camera's which should make this scum think twice!

I hope not but it might be wise to invest in some good quality CCTV camera's which should make this scum think twice!

I agree! do the councils set them up free of charge?? this poor lady needs it for sure.

i have got a house alarm but it does not work, ive got someone coming out on wednesday to fix it, we are thinking of a cctv but at the moment we cant afford it because my husband lost his job a few weeks back and we are struggeling finacially..till he finds another job.

Iam 9 weeks pregnant aswell so all this stress and worry is no good!

last night i didnt go to bed till 4.30am till it got light (then i took a knife to bed with me) i was just constantly staring at the window listening for any type of noise, ive only just got up because of this and its just no good.

im so tierd and i feel like i dont want to be at home anymore like i did when i was robbed before.

ive been to talk to some neighbours and they havent had any stones thrown at thier windows the past few nights, so im convinced that whoever it was is after my car again, i dont think i could go through this again, i dread it when night time approaches and it goes dark. after the scared and worried feeling i feel so angry, angry that people can do this sort of thing to good honest people, the last ones got away with it so maybe is the same men and thats what scares me the most.

sorry for the long rant, just needed to get it all of my chest, thanks everyone for your replies and if anything does happen (which i so hope is doesnt) i will let you know, xxx