Loud bangs heard in Hillsborough

they had 3 cannons that I could see.

Was prettyy goood - the main re-enactment ended at 2 which is why the bangs stopped.

Just a pre-warning................tis on tomorrow as well.

oh no lol i have double glazing and i could still here them glad you enjoyed it but not good for us local residents !! thought it was world was 3 starting off

How loud is loud? Is there not a law against certain levels of noise regardless of what time it is?

oh no lol i have double glazing and i could still here them glad you enjoyed it but not good for us local residents !! thought it was world was 3 starting off

i live locally too - it reallly wasn't that excessive!!!! and was only going for 4 hours.......... have had parties up the road go on longer then that in the evenings.

Personally I think it's nice to see the park being used for events with 2 littlies and not driving it's rare we get to see things like this as busses are so expensive and hard with a buggy.

well said placebo I'm 5 minutes from park bloody loud they must be some law on the times they can be for such noise levels

While we're talking about Hillsborough Park I've noticed there is a sign saying 'private car park' at the entrance to the stadium next to the park. Does this refer to the patch of land next to it as well that has always been a free place to park or is it just for the arena car park? Just wondered as it looks as they've tried to even out the muddy section at the bottom....

Edited by hayes

Pretty loud mate to be fair!

I live on Walkley Road, on the hill above Hillsborough (right at the top) and it sounded deafening up here.

It wasn't that loud! I'm part way up Walkley Road - I wouldn't say it was deafening. I could hear it as a background noise.

Sound carries well from Hillsborough park - I used to be able to hear the footy crowds when I lived at the top of Crookes (nearly in Crosspool)!

Anyone heard the loud bangs somewhere in the Hillsborough area today around 2pm? May be fireworks, but it's pretty loud. Hope everyone's OK.

We went and it was the worst reenactment i have ever seen !

Thanks, I was wondering too - they are audible from Walkley.

I can hear this indoors at Crosspool. Every time I nearly have a personal moment.