Any paranormal activity in your home?

Just interested to hear what people think of this experience that I had many years ago...well actually just one of many but I just can't explain this one.

Myself and my 2 Sons were in bed asleep, the eldest in bed with me because he was scared to sleep in his own room, the little one in his cot under the window, I woke up really suddenly don't know why.

I looked over at the little one asleep in his cot and my blood just ran cold, about half way up the steamed up window there was Ned written in the steam, it can't have been there for long as it had just started to run.

Open to suggestions, little one couldn't write and was asleep, bigger one was asleep and couldn't have reached anyway, no one else lived there but us.

A few random thoughts:

Child had a nightmare so was scared. You woke up suddenly because you were in one of the night's many periods of light sleep and so were more easily roused. The child had been awake and out of bed and had stood on something to enable him to write on the window while you were asleep before getting back into bed. The event happened 'many years ago' so you're misremembering the details and/or have enhanced and elaborated the details in your mind over the years such that the writing is clearer now in your memory than it was in reality. The 'writing' was in fact a random collection of lines that you now remember as making out a word. Someone had doodled with a finger on the window previously, leaving a trail on which the condensation collected differently when it formed, so it was more likely to run in those areas when the weight of the water reached a certain level. You dreamed it.

A few random thoughts:

Child had a nightmare so was scared. You woke up suddenly because you were in one of the night's many periods of light sleep and so were more easily roused.

Possibly so.

The child had been awake and out of bed and had stood on something to enable him to write on the window while you were asleep before getting back into bed.

Impossible the cot was right under the window, he would have had to trample the other one to get to the window, and that really wouldn't have gone down well :hihi:

The event happened 'many years ago' so you're misremembering the details and/or have enhanced and elaborated the details in your mind over the years such that the writing is clearer now in your memory than it was in reality.

Absolutely, definitely not! Believe me the whole thing is more than crystal clear in my mind, I don't think that I will ever forget it.

The 'writing' was in fact a random collection of lines that you now remember as making out a word. Someone had doodled with a finger on the window previously, leaving a trail on which the condensation collected differently when it formed, so it was more likely to run in those areas when the weight of the water reached a certain level. You dreamed it.

All of these are possibilities and I have considered the previously written theory, but very unlikely as none of us would have written that and it was DEFINITELY the word Ned...I know that I wasn't dreaming.

yes my home is haunted............ill hold my hand up to say so............

Possibly so.

Impossible the cot was right under the window, he would have had to trample the other one to get to the window, and that really wouldn't have gone down well :hihi:

Absolutely, definitely not! Believe me the whole thing is more than crystal clear in my mind, I don't think that I will ever forget it.

All of these are possibilities and I have considered the previously written theory, but very unlikely as none of us would have written that and it was DEFINITELY the word Ned...I know that I wasn't dreaming.

I wouldn't be so quick to trust your memory, particularly one laid down in an emotional context, and especially not after so many years.

People have emerged from a session with a palm reader or medium absolutely convinced that they've had a very successful reading, with hardly a miss, until the recorded session has been played back to them and the series of dud guesses has been revealed. Their memory has been influenced by what they believe and what they want to believe. Your memory has possibly been influenced by what you've convinced yourself you saw, and you've reiterated that memory so many times over the years it's become set in stone.

You only need to consider the unreliability of eyewitness testimony to understand that memories created in an emotional context - particularity when you're frightened - are extremely malleable and subject to manipulation.

I believe that you believe what you saw. I just don't necessarily believe that what you actually saw was what you perceived, nor what you perceived is what you remember now as fact.

Just interested to hear what people think of this experience that I had many years ago...well actually just one of many but I just can't explain this one.

Myself and my 2 Sons were in bed asleep, the eldest in bed with me because he was scared to sleep in his own room, the little one in his cot under the window, I woke up really suddenly don't know why.

I looked over at the little one asleep in his cot and my blood just ran cold, about half way up the steamed up window there was Ned written in the steam, it can't have been there for long as it had just started to run.

Open to suggestions, little one couldn't write and was asleep, bigger one was asleep and couldn't have reached anyway, no one else lived there but us.

The writing could quite well have been there for a long time, maybe even before you moved in to the house. Finger-writing on glass can remain present even after washing, unless scrubbed.

Did you check it again the next day? ie. breathe on it to see it again? If the writing was there, it won't have disappeared until you cleaned the glass again and should reappear with steam or condensation. Maybe there was more writing, a full sentence that you didn't see! (Ned woz 'ere!)

I myself have had several experiences which I do not know the cause of. They go on the "Currently unexplained and of no consequence" shelf in my memories. I am open to all possibilities but that doesn't mean I go straight for supernatural causes.

I wouldn't be so quick to trust your memory, particularly one laid down in an emotional context, and especially not after so many years.

People have emerged from a session with a palm reader or medium absolutely convinced that they've had a very successful reading, with hardly a miss, until the recorded session has been played back to them and the series of dud guesses has been revealed. Their memory has been influenced by what they believe and what they want to believe. Your memory has possibly been influenced by what you've convinced yourself you saw, and you've reiterated that memory so many times over the years it's become set in stone.

You only need to consider the unreliability of eyewitness testimony to understand that memories created in an emotional context - particularity when you're frightened - are extremely malleable and subject to manipulation.

I believe that you believe what you saw. I just don't necessarily believe that what you actually saw was what you perceived, nor what you perceived is what you remember now as fact.

I can't say that you are wrong really although it really does feel to me that you have to be, I wish that it happened in the days that digital cameras are the norm, but sadly I do just have my memory to fall back on, it wasn't a very nice experience and I was scared by it...so who knows.

The writing could quite well have been there for a long time, maybe even before you moved in to the house. Finger-writing on glass can remain present even after washing, unless scrubbed.

Did you check it again the next day? ie. breathe on it to see it again? If the writing was there, it won't have disappeared until you cleaned the glass again and should reappear with steam or condensation. Maybe there was more writing, a full sentence that you didn't see! (Ned woz 'ere!)

I myself have had several experiences which I do not know the cause of. They go on the "Currently unexplained and of no consequence" shelf in my memories. I am open to all possibilities but that doesn't mean I go straight for supernatural causes.

I had previously washed the windows, not much choice the house was really a filthy dump when I moved into it, I was really scared and got my little boy out of the cot and into bed with myself and other Son, I never slept after that and kept looking at the window until it eventually just ran into nothing, the next day I washed the window and it never came back.

Don't get me wrong although it did frighten me quite a lot at the time as did other things that happened there, I don't have my mind made up that it was supernatural causes, I have gone over it so many times and thought all the things that have been suggested but they just don't seem likely, which is why I thought that I would put something here about it and see what others thought...actually I would really like it to not have been supernatural causes if I'm honest :hihi:

the next day I washed the window and it never came back.

But did you actually TEST the glass first by applying condensation/steam before you cleaned it, to see if the writing was there?

EDIT: I mean the morning after it happened

Edited by RootsBooster
added

But did you actually TEST the glass first by applying condensation/steam before you cleaned it, to see if the writing was there?

EDIT: I mean the morning after it happened

No, I just wanted to make sure that it never came back so washed it, shame really with hindsight, but these things can be very unnerving at the time.

Those who do not believe in the ghosts and ghoulies but therefore believe in the lord thy master. well how do you explain this:

Mark 12:25: Jesus said:

"When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven."

Matthew 22:30: Jesus said:

"At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven."

Luke 20:35-36: Jesus said:

"But those who are considered worthy of taking part in that age and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection."

Now I do believe in ghosts, but im not religious. But you can understand where ghosts was evolved from. I myself believe more in Erich von Däniken his books is more believable than the bible.

I myself believe more in Erich von Däniken his books is more believable than the bible.

Erich von Daniken the multiple-convicted fraudster?

does anyone live in a haunted home? we would love to hear your stories
Err... no! No-one lives in a haunted home.