Any paranormal activity in your home?

My son age 18months-2 yrs used to talk to someone called jack in our old home, we moved to our new adress about 3 year ago and heard nothing of jack since moving here up until 6 month ago when my son woke up and said jack was stood behind his tv unit scaring him! I told him to tell jack to go home and my son said he is at home dad he lives with us!!! I couldn't sleep either after that. lol

Also when my daughter was born 10year ago my nan was in the hospital at the same time terminally ill.. We got the dreaded phonecall that all the family had to go to the hospital as their was nothing more they could do for her, so I took my 5day old daughter to see her nan before it was too late, my daughter never got to see her or vice versa... About 1 year later we was at my friends club where there was a medium doing a show, she walked straight up to me and said... Dnt worry your nan said she's seen your daughter and she's beautiful.. Shivers up my spine. I believe there's more than just death

hiya a good few years ago i started a new job and one of my new workmates was one i had known nearly all my life and when he told me that he was a spiritualist at first i didn't believe him until he told me some of the things that had happend to him, one in fact was when him and his wife was on the oard it came through that his sister was pregnant so he went to his sister and brother in laws home to find why she hadn't said and she asked how he had found out and when he told her she started crying and said she had b een to the doctors that very morning, and later he was given a date a week before the one the doctor gave and this one was spot on, there were quite a few more he told us.

You're going to have to do better than second-hand anecdotes if you want to convince me that folk can use a board game to talk to the dead.

My son age 18months-2 yrs used to talk to someone called jack in our old home, we moved to our new adress about 3 year ago and heard nothing of jack since moving here up until 6 month ago when my son woke up and said jack was stood behind his tv unit scaring him! I told him to tell jack to go home and my son said he is at home dad he lives with us!!! I couldn't sleep either after that. lol

Children often have fantastically inventive imaginations which conjure up imaginary friends, monsters under the bed or ghosts behind the tele. Flexing that imagination is part of being a child. Those who hold on to that talent for invention, tempered by the rationality of maturity, sometimes make for excellent writers or, at least, tellers of tall tales around the camp fire. Let's hope your son hangs on to his capacity for fantasy; there might still be a gap as the next JK Rowling in a few years' time.

Also when my daughter was born 10year ago my nan was in the hospital at the same time terminally ill.. We got the dreaded phonecall that all the family had to go to the hospital as their was nothing more they could do for her, so I took my 5day old daughter to see her nan before it was too late, my daughter never got to see her or vice versa... About 1 year later we was at my friends club where there was a medium doing a show, she walked straight up to me and said... Dnt worry your nan said she's seen your daughter and she's beautiful.. Shivers up my spine. I believe there's more than just death

There's a very good chance that several people in a large audience are old enough both to have a parent who's died and for that parent to have died before having seen the grandchild. Additionally, the comment about 'seeing your daughter' is rather vague; it could be interpreted as the nan having died before seeing the grandchild, or alternatively it could apply to someone who had seen the grandchild before dying, but has since had chance to see the child growing up to be a beautiful child (and which grandparent doesn't think that their grandchildren are beautiful?). It's a typically multi-purpose, ambiguous, feel-good Barnum statement.

I have offered a few times for someone who believes all this ghosts rubbish to 'invite' me and prove me wrong.......not 1 person has invited me which brings me to a couple of conclusions:

1: You all need to speak to your doctor

2: That the drugs don't work

or

3: You need to stop sniffing the oxo cubes

does anyone live in a haunted home? we would love to hear your stories

Used to live in a haunted house and am glad i am out of it, not something i would like to talk about though but was damn scary at the time and i am a level headed straight talking no nonsense kinda girl too :(

does anyone live in a haunted home? we would love to hear your stories

No ghosts where I live, mainly because they don't exist.

I have offered a few times for someone who believes all this ghosts rubbish to 'invite' me and prove me wrong.......not 1 person has invited me which brings me to a couple of conclusions:

1: You all need to speak to your doctor

2: That the drugs don't work

or

3: You need to stop sniffing the oxo cubes

You would think that if anything of that kind existed, we would, in this day and age with all our advanced technology have captured some overwhelming evidence.

I have always said that out of all the gods across the planet, if there was really a god which existed, all they would need to do is make some clear unequivocal demonstration that they existed and the whole planet would become a believer and follow them. Job done.

I understand that 80% of mediums are hoax, I believe some are not, iv seen derren brown explain how in a room of 100 a statement would apply to at least 3 or 4 people in the room... However this was nt the case in this instance,1. My nan died while my daughter was in the room but was in no fit state to open her eyes, 2. The medium did not say this statement to the audience and wait for a reaction off some1. She walked over to me and said it to just me!!! Not a bad guess with a room of 3-400!!!

...1. My nan died while my daughter was in the room but was in no fit state to open her eyes, 2. The medium did not say this statement to the audience and wait for a reaction off some1. She walked over to me and said it to just me!!! Not a bad guess with a room of 3-400!!!

As I said above, there's a good chance that a bloke of a certain age in a large audience has a child and a dead parent. The 'this dead person says that such and such a relative is beautiful/talented/kind/lovely and that they're proud of them' is standard medium patter.

If the medium had walked up to someone in the audience who didn't fit that broad statement, she would have fudged something along the lines of 'ooh, the lines are a bit foggy, and I'm actually talking about your dead great-great-grandma being proud of you'.

You should have asked the medium to tell you the name of your daughter, or some other very specific information. I bet she would have suddenly lost the transmission and the crystal clear 'your daughter is beautiful' message would have been replaced by a fuzzy 'I'm getting a 'T' or it might be an 'E' or perhaps a 'B''.

Have you noticed how many people have taken the bother to post a reply just to say 'it's a load of rubbish'; particularly when the original post was not asking for opinions? If it is such a load of rubbish why don't they just ignore the thread?

Methinks they may protest too much.

Have you noticed how many people have taken the bother to post a reply just to say 'it's a load of rubbish'; particularly when the original post was not asking for opinions? If it is such a load of rubbish why don't they just ignore the thread?

Funny you mention that - when I see a post that I'm not particularly bothered about replying to...I don't reply.

Maybe they feel that people aren't entitled to their own thoughts / opinions, so 'must correct them'?

Many people on this thread demand proof that 'ghosts exist'. I'm more of a sit on the fence person and say, ok, but can you prove to me they don't exist? (Which they ultimately can't, but will argue that because people don't have evidence they do exist, then they don't).

At the end of the day, there's only one way you'll find out for sure...but you won't be able to tell anyone :D

Of course I'll ignore a question on a subject in which I'm particularly interested just because my response to that question is 'no, there isn't any paranormal activity in my home, and here's why'. God forbid that a question posed on a discussion forum should stimulate a lively discussion.

Yup, I had that exact same thought when I read Ben Goldacre's Bad Science. How silly of him to express views which counter those of others! I bet deep down he really does believe that homoeopathy works, that 'Dr' Gillian McKeith offers sound nutritional advice, and that MMR vaccination inevitably leads to autism.

Funny you mention that - when I see a post that I'm not particularly bothered about replying to...I don't reply.

Me too! But when I see a post that I am interested in replying to, I tend to reply. Funny that.

Maybe they feel that people aren't entitled to their own thoughts / opinions, so 'must correct them'?

Absolutely! People holding all sorts of different opinions and expressing them on a discussion forum? Perish the thought! Oh, wait a minute...

Many people on this thread demand proof that 'ghosts exist'. I'm more of a sit on the fence person and say, ok, but can you prove to me they don't exist? (Which they ultimately can't, but will argue that because people don't have evidence they do exist, then they don't).

At the end of the day, there's only one way you'll find out for sure...but you won't be able to tell anyone :D

You can't prove a negative. If you make a claim that something exists then you offer up evidence in support of that claim, particularly if you want that claim to have relevance to, and be accepted in, spheres beyond your band of true believers. For example, you believe that homoeopathy can cure cancer because the homoeopathic solutions contain tiny little pixies which dart around the bloodstream casting spells on the nasty cancer cells? Excellent! Show us the evidence so that those with interest in and knowledge of that field can examine it.

I can't prove that the fairies at the bottom of my friend's garden don't exist. I can, repeatedly and over several decades, fail to find convincing evidence in support of the claim that those fairies do exist. In the absence of a body of appropriately convincing evidence it's reasonable that someone might come to the conclusion that those fairies are a creation of someone's feverish imagination.

Edited by Guest