Any paranormal activity in your home?

So....just how does a piece of wood or plastic if it's a childs ouija board from Hasbro, contact the dead? Are these mass produced pieces of wood special?

No I don't, simply because this is something I want to believe and it brings me great comfort. I'm not interested in exploring alternatives as my beliefs are very personal to me and if they were taken away I know how upset I'd be.

Very honest of you.

not all people believe in ouija boards that they can do whatever people are saying and thats me for a start.... i personally just dont like them!!!

Those who really do believe that ouija boards represent some means of establishing communication with a supposed afterlife can be seriously disturbed by its use. That's not because the board is some sort of supernatural telephone, but because belief can exert a powerful and potentially damaging psychological effect. Like those who believe they've been cursed, or in the power of witchdoctors to control their thoughts and actions, those who are convinced that they've established a conduit can be caught up in the cultural background of disturbing urban legends that are associated with what's essentially a child's board game.

just because i dont believe in using ouija boards doesnt mean i go on about people using it but i do believe in ghosts, i have had my own experiances so yes i can say this... but if you have never had an experience in anything like that then i dont see how you can go on about other peoples beliefs???

If your trust your own perception implicitly then you can't be aware of how much it depends on - and how easily it can be fooled and influenced by - expectation, belief and memory.

We actively seek out patterns in random stimuli, because back when sabre-toothed tigers roamed the earth if we couldn't make out the tiger shape from the background camouflage we'd likely end up eaten. As such, false positives - seeing a recognisable shape where only random noise exists - are favoured, which is why we can see faces in the clouds, figures in the flowery wallpaper pattern, and ghostly figures hiding in shadowy doorways.

Someone motivated by their belief in ghosts is unlikely to think 'ooh, isn't perception a wonderful thing? I've just made out a figure from that random pattern of light, shadow and curtain fabric'. They're more likely to think 'blimey, that was a ghost! This place is haunted!'.

Ok and while were at it lets do away with Halloween, christmas, easter and rewrite all of history dating back to when man could write and draw pictures just because denlin says these things don't exist.

An interest in myth, legend and fairytales doesn't necessarily confer or encourage a belief that the subjects of those tales really exist.

An interest in myth, legend and fairytales doesn't necessarily confer or encourage a belief that the subjects of those tales really exist.
There seems to be a very famous ghost that has been believed in for centuries maybe you have heard of him hes called the Holly Ghost.;)

There seems to be a very famous ghost that has been believed in for centuries maybe you have heard of him hes called the Holly Ghost.;)

I prefer his brother, the Mistletoe ghost ;) .

Once again someone on SF picks you up on your Spelling. Holy Ghost. I do hope my punctuation is correct.

this morning there was a strange aura around me in bed. then I remembered last night's curry :|

Ok and while were at it lets do away with Halloween, christmas, easter and rewrite all of history dating back to when man could write and draw pictures just because denlin says these things don't exist.

These are fantasy things and I stopped believing in father Xmas when I was 4 and realised the sleigh bells were actually the pikelet man who rang his bell at midnight, same with easter bunny and all other mythical creatures and find it hard to understand how any adult believes in these things in a rational way

Edited by denlin

Just interested to hear what people think of this experience that I had many years ago...well actually just one of many but I just can't explain this one.

Myself and my 2 Sons were in bed asleep, the eldest in bed with me because he was scared to sleep in his own room, the little one in his cot under the window, I woke up really suddenly don't know why.

I looked over at the little one asleep in his cot and my blood just ran cold, about half way up the steamed up window there was Ned written in the steam, it can't have been there for long as it had just started to run.

Open to suggestions, little one couldn't write and was asleep, bigger one was asleep and couldn't have reached anyway, no one else lived there but us.

Once again someone on SF picks you up on your Spelling. Holy Ghost. I do hope my punctuation is correct.

Yes, as far as I'm aware there's no reason to believe that one exists either. Maybe even LESS reason than other ghosts.

Oh give over. It was a joke, hence the smiley.

To return to my point: a childhood celebration of Halloween, perusal of MR James' ghost stories, or even an interest in biblical parables can all be enjoyed thoroughly without requiring or acquiring a belief that the subject of those various studies in imagination exist or have ever existed.