Taxi Drivers - Duty of Care

Can anyone on here please tell me if there is legislation or law about duty of care for taxi drivers.

After an appalling situation last night with my daughter in law I want to look further into whether there is anything like this.

Thanks

I don't know actually, I imagine it was something like throwing her out of a cab before reaching destination, maybe for being too drunk or something?

Not sure of the legalities at all, although it has happened to me ^^^ and I never really thought anything of it, hope shes ok x

I will never use City Taxi's again. I waited for 35minuets for a taxi, then when it FINALLY arrived, the driver complained that he was stuck in traffic, hitting the steering wheel and using very abusive language. After finally getting through the rush hour traffic in town, he said "oh, I can't go there, I have somewhere to be in 20mins". He then demanded I get out of the taxi, PAY him for the time that was used, and call another cab!

When I reported this to the taxi firm, they didn't care. They assured me a manager would contact me regarding the situation and noone did!!!

They are utterly disgraceful! - Hopefully your daughter is okay! x

Contact the firm. If they do nothing, go to the licencing department at the town hall (I think). They will take more severe action.

Thats almost exactly what happened but alot more to it.

She was on the phone with my son who had spoken to the driver and explained he would pay the fair once she arrived, he dumped her 100 metres away, she fell and bumped her head and was unconscious for a brief time, she also had her phone and passport taken off her, which apparently he is going to return today.

Ambulance and police called, the police were not interested in either the event, her phone or her passport, which was taken out of her bag !

This isnt explaining events very well but I am so angry right now ! This driver, in my mind, failed in a duty of care, he knew the money was waiting for him, so why dump a vulnerable girl 100 metres from her home where her partner was waiting for her with his money !!!!!!

Why is nothing being done about these people ? Jezzus Princess hope you were not too shaken up !

The driver is also a thief.

Ring the police and DEMAND they deal with it.

Also lodge a complaint about the officers who attended last night.

Then lodge a complaint with the councils taxi licensing dept.

What you need to make a complaint

When making a complaint, it is helpful to have:

the vehicle registration number of the taxi or private hire vehicle (printed on the number plate or disc)

taxi or private hire vehicle licence number

taxi driver’s badge number (normally shown on their badge) or private hire vehicle operating firm name

If he turns up today with the passport and phone (I presume in exchange for cash) make sure you get some details!

WHAT?

You need to ring the police NOW!. You need to tell them again what happened. DEMAND they do something about it. Your daughter was robbed of her personal affects and then thrown out of a car. An Ambulance had to be called for gods sake!

Have you called the Taxi company again?

The driver is also a thief.

Ring the police and DEMAND they deal with it.

Also lodge a complaint about the officers who attended last night.

Then lodge a complaint with the councils taxi licensing dept.

The driver is claiming she left it in the cab, the police say that they cant prove otherwise because she was drunk....Thats the old one, her word against his and he reckons he is going to return them both today...

Am going to look into all the above today, thanks for the support guys, she is very shaken up and realises how this could have ended up.

Loving the forum this morning, youve calmed me down. !