Graves Golf Course - is it free?

Hello,

I know its about £4 to play golf and hire some clubs, but if i had my own and arived at 7am before it opens, is it free to use?

Thank you

There is someone that regularly parks on the main road and brings his own clubs for an early round. Not sure if it's strictly allowed, but if there is no-one in the kiosk to take your money.....

U often see people playing after the course as shut in the evening during the summer , I suspect there will be a bye law to stop this !

No, why should it be free?

Because it was given to the people of Sheffield, for their enjoyment, by a great local philanthropist - hence the name Graves Park.

is the upkeep of the park free? Do the groundsmen get paid? Does the man in the hut who takes your money do it free? The park gardeners weeding just 'cos they want to?

thanks for your reply's.

seems unconfirmed, didnt see any signs up saying not to play when closed, will have a closer look next time.

Before and after they open they flags are not in and you cant hire clubs, so maybe its free to use, but will have to make do without flags? (you dont need to pay to cycle through the park, so maybe its ok to use the golf course??)

To be honest its only £4 to play, dont mind paying, just would rather go early when its quite or before work... would quite happily slide £4 under the door, but guessing i would be the only person to do that :)

I've played when there's been nobody there to pay and it was fine, apart from not having the little flags.

I'de say pay if there's someone there to pay however if not then go for it.

You only have to pay if you are renting the clubs. I have never had to pay when I go on to play, even during the day.

Hello,

I know its about £4 to play golf and hire some clubs, but if i had my own and arived at 7am before it opens, is it free to use?

Thank you

I dont see why not,it aint as if your breaking in to use it or trespassing.If anyone says anything, just play dumb.

I once worked in Graves Park over the summer (best job I ever had :)) and no the golf wasn't free. If there's someone in the hut, then pay

I once worked in Graves Park over the summer (best job I ever had :)) and no the golf wasn't free. If there's someone in the hut, then pay

Thanks, however my question is if the hut is empty (i.e. before its open), im guessing its free to use just no flags or cant hire any equipment (hopefully)