How can you spot a fake I phone

ESs6

A bit of a strange question. A poster on another forum just paid £150 for a brand new I phone 3 in Thailand. He got it from Tuc.com in Pattaya which I know having been there is a large shopping mall just for computer/electrical gear.

We all know Thailand is famous for fakes but is the price just a good deal as it wasnt bought in rip off Britain.

I am in Thailand later this year so will go have a look

Obviously if there is only 1 a in apple or the logo is a coconut, but on a serious note anything obvious to show its a fake, It seems I am only 1 of 500 people in the UK who dont have an I phone so no idea what to look for, also if the price is right will probably look at an I pad

The 'fake iPhones' are normally known as SciPhone, and look very similar, but aren't branded as Apple products in anyway at all. There isn't usually any Apple logo at all on them, and don't be fooled into buying one, they work nothing like them either.

You can buy actual phones at a cheaper price from China occasionally, due to them being built in Chinese factories, but so far I haven't heard of any genuine Apple products coming from there, I've seen a few Nokias bought over eBay that seem to be pretty genuine though.

Also do not think you need an iPhone.There are many many Android handsets that do the same as you can on an iPhone.Android has about 50% market share compared to Apples 28%.Samsung is now the worlds top phone manufacturer.Google will be bringing out there own range of 5 Nexus phones in the autumn.There are loads of choices.

Don`t think there is only Apple and do not buy from Thailand.You will regret it.

Add around £7 for postage round it up to £30 all in then it's not a bad phone for the price.

I had one a few years back, bought from a UK seller but one of the Chinese iPhone copies, but the official Bluelans corp Sciphone, not a fake copy of a copy if you know what I mean (you can get copies of the SciPhone)

The seller offered a guarantee and stuff with it, for £49 (I felt it was worth the extra £15 or so to be able to return to a UK seller)

The seller couldn't help me with any internet settings though, or tell me how to get the internet to work in English rather than Chinese :hihi: