What a joke!!! electrician my a@@!!

johninit has done quite a bit of work at my house , always been reasonable fast and clean , but I ask him to look and tell ME what wants doing , then the solution , if I dont like it I always have the option of calling another electrician out and wasting some one elses time to get the same result , been greta for me and pals who have used him have said the same

Thankyou for that Mceever, glad to know someone appreciates me. No doubt others will come and have a say as well when they see this thread.

IIRC this isn't the first time the OP has had 'issues' with tradesmen. Have a search in the computing section.

WOW.....1548 veiws in one in less than 24 hours...........

THIS has to be my best thread yet..MAYBE i should advertise in here...

YOU ALL KNOW MY NUMBER...........................pmsl

When theres something strange,

With your kitchen plugs,

Who ya gonna call?

Johninnit!

Johninit sounds like a decent type.

Whereas SARCASTIC sounds like one of those high stress nighmare people who are willing to blame anyone but themselves.

The fact that he/she has refused to elaborate upon the fault to even the slightest notion has left her/him with no respect and to complain about people making jokes about his/her bad spelling when called Sarcastic just about puts the hat on it. :loopy:

can I please ask as to what the problem actually was in the end?and did they fix it and to what cost..?

Originally posted by fnkysknky

I have plumbing skills as all and we all know these plumbers are on at least £80k a year - can I have a job as well ;)

That made me smile and my loan seem less bad haha.

:rolleyes: give me a couple of years to work on that thou. ;) i think i'll slum it at the council to get all my on the job training out of the way.

No offence to you john, but sarcastic was crying about how badly you were, so i asked her why she didnt pull u at the house instead of talking behind ur back.

Sarcastic sounds like one of those people who makes an order for a chinese, waits ten minutes, then rings back to complain its late.

no offence taken......it was indicated to me that there was a problem with the wiring..."they had tried new bulbs and was certain it wasnt them".....they "ASSURED" me it wasnt the bulbs.........on that assumption i was under the impression that the fittings were in a servicable order............on arrival, way over the opposite and of town, (when i should have been sat with the missus watchin a film or summat......lol)., i discovered that the wall light fitting, an old perished heat baked falling apart fitting, did infact have a broken lamp holder.

at least he gave me a fiver for my petrol. :clap:

I have to put up with crap like this all the time in my job.

We get called out to work on equipment that of no earthly use at all and when we advise replacing equipment we are treated as if we are theives.

People dont seem to understand that things wear out and from time to time they need to spend money on having them replaced. They also seem to think that every trades person is a crook and that they can talk to us as if we are all theiving scum.

I had a job to look at in Nottingham a fortnight back. On arriving I found the house empty and the lady wouldnt answer here phone. A day or two latter she rang our office to complain that I hadnt arrived while her builder was there and wanted me back within the hour!!!!

I was all for telling her to shove it as she hadnt arranged the builder thing and her attitude stunk but reluctantly I went back the next day.

She asked for a price to repair or renew the equipment and on seeing the job I relised it would, because of its age, be cheaper to replace it than repair it.

Again the customer was out leaving the builder to let me in so as I couldnt discuss with the customer what needed doing I left and called the office with the details.

Twenty minutes later the boss rings me to say he had just spoke to the lady who was screeming mad at me for not fixing the system and called me a "Rip off merchant" for trying to sell her something she didnt need.

Three days later she, after no doubt being told the same things by other companies, rang back to say she would go ahead with the work.

Once more I would have told her to go else where but I dont run the company. Next year when it comes to service time we will have trouble with her again and the boss will whinge about her.

She is one bad customer and I know they are not all like that but as we have 80'000 of them there are many more like her out there.

johninit....Im with you mate

ttfn