What a joke!!! electrician my a@@!!

we called someone off here to come and fix our light which was broken in the dining room.

a bloke bythe name of johninit said he was an eletrician and would come and have a look for us for 25 quid.

He got here i was upstairs cleaning.When he'd gone my husband tells me that this john says its broken... thats it!!!!!!

Hes come all this way to come in our homeand tell us its "broken!" That was the whole point of him coming!!! to fix the light!!!

I could hve saved him a journey cause i said it was broken!!

Is it april fools day or what???? . what a con!!!:loopy::rant: :rant: :rant:

Well i take it you didn't pay him?!?!?

he is off sheffield forum, we asked for help. and no f..ing way did we pay the git!!:rant:

Cyclone, they found him on the sheffield forum

Originally posted by sarcastic

we called someone off here

Originally posted by sarcastic

said he was an eletrician

You should have asked an Electrician instead.

Is this light a fancy one with some electronics inside to make it fade or come on when it is touched? Or just a standard light bulb. If it's something fancy then it is possible that it is not repairable, and you should buy a new one. In which case he would be right.

Well i blame yourselfs for trying to save a few quid and inviting some amateur from a forum.

ok comic what ever you say im fed up as it is without you having digs as well!! we askd for help cause no other electricians are working till god knows when so get your facts right:rant: :rant:

Let the forum try and fix it remotely.

Is it a ceiling or floor light?

Have you got a piccy of the light?

Have you checked the fuse, bulb, switch, etc.?

Has anything else on that circuit failed?

Have you checked the circuit breaker on the fuse box?

Was there a smell of burning just before it 'broke'?

Well an electrician would have come out to check the wiring - if the fitting is broken then there's not a lot he can do other than replace it at your cost.

I recently had a small job I needed doing pretty quickly and turned to the forum. A guy called Leepy came round and did a good job, gave me a proper receipt and his card. I was well pleased.

You have listed no details of the fault, what kind of light etc etc.

This thread is pointless without more detail.

your slagging someone down here without due explanation.

As above, could be electronics that are faulty and therefor only replace the light at your expense.

I assume you wouldn't be so ridiculous as to get an electrician out to change a light bulb?

if any 1 else needs an Electrician they should call OPEN ELECTRICAL NETWORK ON 07834 717115 i have used them my self and they were very good.07834 717115