VW Golf Or Ford Fiesta Zetec

Im looking to buy a new car and cant decide between VW Golf or Ford Fiesta. What would people recommend

Thanks

I would chose the Golf.....if only for the fact it will hold its resale value better.

Golf all way

iv just bought a Fiesta Zetec S and wish i bought a golf na

Fiestas are better lookers, but the quality is with VW, however for what you pay for a typical VW you could probly get a 'hot' Ford for the money.

Had a test drive in both ,much nicer drive the golf.

I've had both - the Fiesta is a good car, but if you can afford that bit extra go for the Golf :)

VW Golfs hold their value better but they usually cost a lot more to buy and run in the first place :D

Have you tried the new vw up small but roomy inside I loved it but ended buying a fiesta because of missus.

To me this stumped me if I am honest let me explain...

I was going to jump in feet forward and say the golf without a doubt but then I hesitated and thought yes the golf is a lovely car, will hold its value better, etc

But on the other hand in my opinion there is nothing at all wrong with a fiesta zetec my friend has a midnight blue one and its gorgeous.

If I had to choose I think i would go for the golf but that is purely based on the fact tht i love the whole "I drive a golf thing" may just be because i am young or something but that is just what appeals to me out of the two.

Golf all way

iv just bought a Fiesta Zetec S and wish i bought a golf na

Really,that suprises me what is it you don't like about it?

I have a Zetec 1.6 S too and love it best car I have ever had really find it hard to fault.

Looked at the golf briefly but thought it looked a bit bland for the price and a few friends have said the quality although still good is not as good as it used to be.

One point I would add is be sure to have a good test drive including hills if you are considering the fiesta 1.25 as I had one before and found it under powered on our hills.

Edited by Fudbeer