Shiregreen Cemetery vandalism

Popped by my daughters grave yesterday (in the baby section) and was greeted by a smashed vase and ornamants and missing solar lights.

In amongst all the carnage was a golf ball so I can only assume it was youths taking pot shots at the porcelain with a club & ball.

What kind of morons think this is acceptable, What a lowlife!!!

Sorry to hear this BM, my dads in there, not far from the kids area, i'll have to nip in tonight now to check his is ok, i hate these people with a passion, they are a waste of good air.

my dads in there too and hes had 3 pots stolen from his grave, and its not the first time its happened.

Hi, Sorry to hear about this incident. You are welcome to report the matter to us on 101 and we will investigate it. I will send one of my staff to Shiregreen Cemetry this afternoon to have a look at the damage and see if anyone else is affected. You are welcome to PM me back with some contact details and I'll be able to update you should we make any progress. I'll get my staff to speak to the Cemetry staff and other Parks staff to ensure we are more vigilant and hopefully catch whoever is doing this. Kind Regards Simon

Hi, Sorry to hear about this incident. You are welcome to report the matter to us on 101 and we will investigate it. I will send one of my staff to Shiregreen Cemetry this afternoon to have a look at the damage and see if anyone else is affected. You are welcome to PM me back with some contact details and I'll be able to update you should we make any progress. I'll get my staff to speak to the Cemetry staff and other Parks staff to ensure we are more vigilant and hopefully catch whoever is doing this. Kind Regards Simon

Well thankyou very much for your concern. Good to know syp are actively trying to stamp out such incidents.

I did remove all the broken items myself yesterday & tidied up though so there's not much to see. I did however leave the golf ball untouched so you may spot that there. Thanks again.

What kind of pondlife causes damage to a babys grave [well any grave ] i just dont get it.

its happening alot cos my sons and about six others got done last month at city road and i phoned the police but all they said was phone the council nothing we can do

we have had the same problem for the last 7 yrs, we ve had to by our daughter 3 gravestones and had to re plant loads of pots flowers and stones. RIP never gonna happen whilst scum like that around!

we have had the same problem for the last 7 yrs, we ve had to by our daughter 3 gravestones and had to re plant loads of pots flowers and stones. RIP never gonna happen whilst scum like that around!

Thats disgusting,really feel for you.

Oh gosh. How awful. That breaks my heart :@ ....

How sick in the heads can some people be?! This kind of things just make my blood boil. This is why we should have more police on the streets to tackle these kind of people.