Woman found dead in her home on Lister Rd, Walkley 18 May 2012

Does anyone know what has happened on Lister Rd this morning, I came back past there after dropping my daughter off at school and there was a police van parked at the top, 3 plain clothed officers stood at the top scratching their heads, the road was cordoned off and had easily 10-15 police cars parked along the road, some with blue lights flashing?

I was going to post this, I've just come from up there on the way back from Hillsborough, saw the road blocked off and the Police van, wondered what's gone off.

Police have issued this statement:

South Yorkshire Police has begun a murder investigation after the body of a 55-year-old woman was found at an address on Lister Road, Walkley, Sheffield around 7.20am this morning (Friday, 18 May, 2012).

A 32-year-old Sheffield man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is currently in police custody assisting with the investigation.

Strange, radio hallam said it was a woman that had been murdered :huh:

Edit :

Thought so..

"South Yorkshire Police has begun a murder investigation after the body of a 55-year-old woman was found at an address on Lister Road, Walkley, Sheffield around 7.20am this morning (Friday, 18 May, 2012).

A 32-year-old Sheffield man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is currently in police custody assisting with the investigation"

Edited by Ghostrider