Car won't start- women friendly garage- my hiney!

3 days of repairs...... still wont get it back until Wednesday. :(

VERY expensive and I have been told that a repair/replacement done by the old mob was botched, so it has to be done again!!

Does anyone want to buy an ASTRA that will most likely fail an MOT (which is due next month?) - You will have to spend more than it is worth to get it on the road.

Anyone?

Anyone?

lol@myself.

so what work have they got to do and How much are they charging you for it ???

so what work have they got to do and How much are they charging you for it ???

Something snapped off on the shaft of the key thing in the ignition, so that is being replaced- also new front and rear wipers that were botched by the last mob. It isn't overly expensive for the amount of work and parts, but it is an expense I didn't budget for when I really need to get it MOTed. :(

so we are only talking about 45 quid at the most 3 quid for each wiper 14 quid for the part and 25 labour ??

Sounds like you might have found a good garage.

If you need another one, try http://www.bjmasonmechanic.co.uk/

Very helpful, very honest, very good.

Good luck with your ignition and other bits!

Im just gonna hijack this thread seen as it is nearly related

We have an R Reg Astra, she has done 117,000 miles but we really can't afford a new one at the min. Just lately when it has rained it takes ages and I mean ages (like 30 mins) to start. You can hear it trying to fire but won't quite catch. Then after a while it will fire but cut out, the eventually it will fire properly. When it does fire properly even with the foot to the floor it takes about 20 seconds of spluttering before the revs will start to climb.

Any ideas or as she had enough, and needs a place to rest her head.

so we are only talking about 45 quid at the most 3 quid for each wiper 14 quid for the part and 25 labour ??

It isn't the wiper- its the wiper motor.

New wiper motor/ new thing that the wiper motor is conected to, new ignition key thing and shafty thing, including keys, new rear wiper plus labour.

Am I a wood duck?

We have an R Reg Astra, she has done 117,000 miles but we really can't afford a new one at the min. Just lately when it has rained it takes ages and I mean ages (like 30 mins) to start. You can hear it trying to fire but won't quite catch. Then after a while it will fire but cut out, the eventually it will fire properly. When it does fire properly even with the foot to the floor it takes about 20 seconds of spluttering before the revs will start to climb.

Lol, maybe I should get the mods to rename the thread- RIP Astras. :)

to get it started put it in 1st gear rock it back wards and forwards until you hear a Click then it should start or roll it down a hill and Bump Start it

And how do you work that out?

sounds like you have a 1 litre Vauxhall Corsa

Almost :hihi:...

(next day) - oh, the Astra?

Scozzie, why did you keep going back to the same garage anyway?

Diesel I take it? My volvo done the exact same thing, I had to bump it most days and when it started it was like a challenger II smoke generator. Can't tell you what it is as I scrapped it without getting it looked at but there was a little tubular thing that the fuel went through that was leaking and I had my suspicions it was something to do with that.

And how do you work that out?

Almost :hihi:...

Scozzie, why did you keep going back to the same garage anyway?

Because all the boys I know take their car there and have never had the same grief I've had.

Besides, my train of thought was that they already knew the things they looked at, so would know where to start next.

You think their doing you a favour each time, then you look back and think 'hang on, I've been had'. :(

I don't know about cars, so when I take it to get fixed, I expect it to get what I pay for...... I guess people see me coming and think 'cash cow'. :(

Diesel I take it? My volvo done the exact same thing, I had to bump it most days and when it started it was like a challenger II smoke generator. Can't tell you what it is as I scrapped it without getting it looked at but there was a little tubular thing that the fuel went through that was leaking and I had my suspicions it was something to do with that.

No its a petrol that sounds like a diesel. It needs a good service to be honest but I don't think that is related to this issue.