Jazz/Blues places in Sheffield

Anyone know of a good jazz/blues bar/club in Sheffield??

Or anywhere that has live jazz/blues music playing regularly?

Thanks

Jenny

Hey,

Unfortunately there are no Jazz clubs in Sheffield anymore but there are some very good regular nights still going.

Mondays: Jazz at the Picture House - 1st Monday of every month at Bar Abbey, Abbeydale Picture House, 387 Abbeydale Rd.

Music on Mondays - every Monday (a real mix of stuff but it's often Jazz or Blues) at the Rising Sun, 471 Fulwood Rd.

Tuesdays: Brilliant Corners Jazz Club - 3rd Tuesday of every month at the White Lion, 615 London Rd.

Wednesdays: Jazz at the Lescar - every Wednesday at the Lescar Hotel, 303 Sharrow Vale Road.

Noise Upstairs - 2nd Wednesday of every month at the Riverside, 1 Mowbray St. It's an Avant Garde, Free Improv jam session.

Thursdays: Cubana - every Thursday, 34 Trippet Lane.

Fridays: Sheffield Jazz - most Fridays at the Millennium Hall, Ecclesall Rd.

Sundays: Showroom Sunday Jazz - every Sunday lunch time in the Showroom Café/Bar, 15 Paternoster Row.

I hope you find something you like!

Edited by JohnnyHunter
Updating the list.

Also Greystones is a good place. But it's better if you can book your tickets in advance. This is the link to their website: www.mygreystones.co.uk/

The Barrack pub at Hillsborough sometimes has that kind of music too, live bands obviously. Check it out.

I was at Lescar hotel last Wed - was disappointed. I suppose I could have been expecting too much, being new in Sheffield and all... Would be interested in visiting such a place that is more fun.

Hi,

After last years successful Blues and Ale event Saxbob is back to once again grace CADS with the finest Blues and Ale Sheffield has to offer.

With :

Hummingbirds Blues Band

Soulfaces

M & J Blues

Tim Graham & The Blackcats

Amelia Carter Band

The Mudcats Trio

John Hanson Band

Natchez Burning

Flat Foot Sam

Shaggy Dog Story

Billy Martin Jnr

FREE ENTRY!

REAL ALE BAR

BBQ & VEGETARIAN FOOD

From 4 pm to midnight

you can find the event on the Creative Arts Development Space (cads) facebook page!

Cheers

Hi,

After last years successful Blues and Ale event Saxbob is back to once again grace CADS with the finest Blues and Ale Sheffield has to offer.

Is there a running order?

I can't get down until 6.00 after I finish work.

Main Stage

3.30pm Soulfaces

4.30pm Natchez Burning

5.30pm Billy Martin Jnr

6.10 pm John Hanson Band

7.10pm Amelia Carter Band

8.10pm M & J Blues

8.50pm Tim Graham and The Blackcats

10.pm Mudcats Blues Trio

11.pm Hummingbirds Blues Band

DLS Stage

4.pm till 7.10pm Shaggy Dog Story

8.pm till 11.00pm Flat Foot Sam

Thanks for all the posts on this thread...I am new to Sheffield and a big jazz fan...I will start exploring venues soon!

hi all , jazz/blues singer coming to shellield on the 12/13 would like to have a sing if theres any open mics any where..... plus maight be looking for a band to join if poss....

i have some stuff on you tube if you want to look ...martin colley....smoth jazz

you can catch me on face book.....