Double glazing query

Are there any glazers that can advise me on whether or not its possible to cut a hole out of a double glazed window for a cat flap? I have a floor to ceiling double glazed window next to my front door. The window is in 2 sections with a smaller one at the bottom and I'm keen to know if a cat flap could be fitted in this section?

It would be easier to replace the unit with one which has a pre cut hole.

Are there any glazers that can advise me on whether or not its possible to cut a hole out of a double glazed window for a cat flap? I have a floor to ceiling double glazed window next to my front door. The window is in 2 sections with a smaller one at the bottom and I'm keen to know if a cat flap could be fitted in this section?

I have to agree your glass in your door will more than likely be toughend and if you try to cut a hole in it it would end up in a lot of little bit everywhere

Definitely replace it rather than cutting it. It can damage the integrity of the door making it weaker and you may also need to consider any implications with your insurance if it means the house is easier to break into. Not suggesting someone might get in through the cat flap, but if the glass would break easier after being cut it may be an issue.

Depending on your house construction it is possilbe to install a cat flap through a wall, but it would be cheaper just to buy a new door.

Hi I put a cat flap through the 11 inch cavity wall. Keep away from the glass if at all possible . If you want to put it in glass contact fitters who fitted door or makers of door . This is not DIY job. Putting it through wall is and a lot cheaper if you have somewere to put it . I can tell you how to do it easily if you decide to go this way . Or you can come and look at mine. Handsworth S13

Edited by spider1