Bad experience @ meadow farm in ecclesfield

My kids were the ones who actually told me they never wanted to go in again because the food is that bad and that was some years ago ! Haven't been in for at least 2 years

i think you'll find, the busier the place is, the worse the meals become, if you go at quiter periods then the food seems slightly better, its not a place i frequent much if i can help it

Read Ousetunes post with a bit of disbelief, A twelve year old employee told me they don't open tabs, was this a bit tongue in cheek because he looked young obviously you know you legally have to be 18 to serve alcohol. Was just wondering why you didnt ask about a tab before ordering drinks, if you were able to have a tab you would have had to pay your tab at the end anyway so why not pay for the drinks you had ordered, (incidently that is why they don't offer this service because people leaving without paying, and anyway not all pub/restaurants do). I can't believe why anyone thinks it's acceptable to order 8 drinks just to say were leaving' if you had a meal that was inedible that is understandable but not drinks you hadn't even tried. If you struggled to find a table for 8 people surely that means they were busy but this applies anywhere it's busy doesn't it? and no I don't work there I just read this post and although I agree some had valid critiicisms I just thought this one wasn't valid.

When i got home i decided to phone and ask to speak to management where she offered us a refund for only the steak and not the whole meal that if we wanted we had to go and collect and within the next hour or we wouldnt be getting a refund!

bernie54 - suffice to say the 'twelve year old' wasn't that young but his looks and clear lack of experience made him appear so.

The incident is too far back now and it's one I would rather forget.

The whole place was a shambles; like I said, eating out for people who don't eat out (so are none the wiser when they receive dismal food, wedding disco surroundings - kids running riot whilst mum and partner get sloshed - and with service one can only describe as pitiful).

Finally, I am not the type of person to 'do a runner'. But the type of tripe I experienced during my visit received the response it deserved: my group of 8 left.

Edited by Ousetunes

i went in last week and had to clear myself a table as they where all a mess, but as i stood there with my hands full of plates the manager took them from me and was not very pleased with the staff and sent them to clean the tables

It may help for the future, English law says that you only have to pay what you think the food is worth, if you cannot agree then let them take you to court!!!

I'd be very interested to see a source for that proposition :roll:

Have been numerous times... Let's be honest when you pay peanuts don't expect the world, have had good and bad meals, gotta take the rough with the smooth in places like this

A hole. For folk who eat out once in a blue moon.

Went once - I'll never return - and it was a struggle finding a table (there being around 8 of us). Ordered drinks at the bar only for a twelve year old employee to inform me I couldn't open a tab.

Returned to the table, told our group we were off to an adult environment and young whipper-snapper accosts me, all a panic, 'are you going to pay for your drinks?,' all eight he had poured.

Of course I wasn't. We ended up at TGI Fridays.

I don't think that's fair. Punishing a junior member of staff for policy introduced by management is wrong.

but I mean, why go to such crappy places in the first place eh? I just don't understand it.:huh:

Isn't it worth paying a bit more for quality somewhere a bit nicer don't you think?

What confounds me is that some of you have been once and had an awful experience and yet you still go back again! :roll:

Heavens! :gag:

There is so much choice - even in a limited place like Sheffield - that to keep returning to somewhere you know is bad just beggars belief.

Get your hand in your pocket and go somewhere that is GOOD. I know Sheffield isn't blessed with too many but there are some.

Sheffield LIMITED coming from someone in DERBY lol lol lol lol lol

Been today, first and last time. it was awful , sloppy turkey ? How the hell can Turkey be sloppy . Tasteless crap and never again .

Go to this one and the one at Beighton from time to time, never had a bad meal there in all honesty. I must be lucky.