Bad experience @ meadow farm in ecclesfield

Has anyone else had a bad experience at Meadow Farm in Ecclesfield Sheffield?

I have been previously and wasnt very impressed but the indoor childrens play area inticed me back.

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.

I went yesterday, served a childs meal burnt and my meat was very over done, by time theyd recified there mistake, we'd nearly eat ours and serve meals which are completly different to whats on menu and 'forgot' to tell me. when informed staff of this, the acting manager swore infront of my 3 year old.

I cant seem to find a chain or head office to complain to. Can anyone help?

Very simlar experience tonight!!! Ordered a platter for starters it arrived and was black, left it and waited for the waitress to return and we complained about it she apologised and we went on to say ok as long as you make sure the rest of the food doesnt arrive in the same state. My partner ordered a steak... medium, when that arrived it was like chewing a tyre and burnt, we complained about this too and asked the waitress to take it back to show the chef where she never returned! We decided to leave and as we walked past the kitchen the staff were loud and using foul language. When i got home i decided to phone and ask to speak to management where she offered us a refund for only the steak and not the whole meal that if we wanted we had to go and collect and within the next hour or we wouldnt be getting a refund!!!!!!

I rang customer services at green king which is the pub that runs them and complained. Lady was very helpful and compansated me. Think this pub needs a kick up back side big time!

Had a not very good meal there twice and didnt go back. i think that anywhere that tries to be child friendly and a restaurant fails cos they just want to do fast-turnaround food.Charlie Chalks was the same.

A hole. For folk who eat out once in a blue moon.

Went once - I'll never return - and it was a struggle finding a table (there being around 8 of us). Ordered drinks at the bar only for a twelve year old employee to inform me I couldn't open a tab.

Returned to the table, told our group we were off to an adult environment and young whipper-snapper accosts me, all a panic, 'are you going to pay for your drinks?,' all eight he had poured.

Of course I wasn't. We ended up at TGI Fridays.

A hole. For folk who eat out once in a blue moon.

Went once - I'll never return - and it was a struggle finding a table (there being around 8 of us). Ordered drinks at the bar only for a twelve year old employee to inform me I couldn't open a tab.

Returned to the table, told our group we were off to an adult environment and young whipper-snapper accosts me, all a panic, 'are you going to pay for your drinks?,' all eight he had poured.

Of course I wasn't. We ended up at TGI Fridays.

I really am not a fan of Green King places

Nice one , bet he wasnt happy when he had to explain that his manager

We went for a carvery at meadow farm earlier in the after, as its somewhere we have been many times and always enjoyed.

As I am vegetarian I obviously have no meat with the carvery - this used to be at a reduced price, but I was told very abruptly ' it wont be any cheaper'. I was offended as I dont selected this option because I dont eat meat not as a cheaper option, however when you can only have 1/2 a meal I dont see why it should be the same price.

My partner ( a meat eater) was asked which meat he wanted - he advised all 3 to be told - you can only have 2 now! in addtion the vegetables were not nice and the staff were ignorant and unhelpful !! - what's happened this place used to be great???

You're not the only one it seems..

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=991619

Call up Green King & point them towards this thread..maybe there's been a change in management. They may well be pleased to have this sort of stuff brought to their attention.

Edited by GodStar

thanks I hadnt realised there were other comments on here, and I will report to Green King and post another comment when I receive a response.

but I mean, why go to such crappy places in the first place eh? I just don't understand it.:huh:

Isn't it worth paying a bit more for quality somewhere a bit nicer don't you think?

What confounds me is that some of you have been once and had an awful experience and yet you still go back again! :roll:

Heavens! :gag:

There is so much choice - even in a limited place like Sheffield - that to keep returning to somewhere you know is bad just beggars belief.

Get your hand in your pocket and go somewhere that is GOOD. I know Sheffield isn't blessed with too many but there are some.

I went to meadowfarm a couple of month back and ordered a meal that came with salad. The salad was brown and the coke was flat as a fart! Me and family would meet there for meals in the past, and was very enjoyable. In my opinion its gone down hill and the staff are ignorant. Can think of better places to go.

It may help for the future, English law says that you only have to pay what you think the food is worth, if you cannot agree then let them take you to court. As long as you are being fair the court will rule in your favour.

When going out for a meal you expect the food to be what you order and cooked to a higher standard than you cook yourself, unless you are a professional chef. You should explain this when the standard is poor, it will make them think !!!!