Is it time to get rid of traffic lights?

But people want to cross at the junction of the roads. Are you suggesting that pedestrians should be forced to walk hundreds of metres out of their way to avoid putting crossings in relevant places. If you did that, they'd just cross near the junction anyway - were there wasn't a crossing.

Sheffield used to have an excellent system of subways for pedestrians to cross major roads without ever having to come into range of moving traffic... perhaps they should have spent some money on keeping them clean and safe, instead of spending an awful lot more money on filling them in and building crossings.

Sheffield used to have an excellent system of subways for pedestrians to cross major roads without ever having to come into range of moving traffic... perhaps they should have spent some money on keeping them clean and safe, instead of spending an awful lot more money on filling them in and building crossings.

Subways are very '60s'....and I think pretty much universally disliked. I hated them!.....and I'm a fella (states the blindingly obvious)!!

About all they were good for was makshift urinals, grafiti artists, drug users and the odd cardboard city homeless refuge from inclement weather.

I'm glad they're gone!......I'll take my chances crossing the road!

Subways are very '60s'....and I think pretty much universally disliked. I hated them!.....and I'm a fella (states the blindingly obvious)!!

About all they were good for was makshift urinals, grafiti artists, drug users and the odd cardboard city homeless refuge from inclement weather.

Please refer back to my point about keeping them clean and safe.

Please refer back to my point about keeping them clean and safe.

I appreciate what you're saying, it would have at least been better.

But having said that, nobody actually liked them!...For one thing you always had to walk 3 times the distance!