Is it time to get rid of traffic lights?

I think the point is the positioning of the lights..not the fact that people want to cross over.

But people want to cross at the junction of the roads. Are you suggesting that pedestrians should be forced to walk hundreds of metres out of their way to avoid putting crossings in relevant places. If you did that, they'd just cross near the junction anyway - were there wasn't a crossing.

But people want to cross at the junction of the roads. Are you suggesting that pedestrians should be forced to walk hundreds of metres out of their way to avoid putting crossings in relevant places. If you did that, they'd just cross near the junction anyway - were there wasn't a crossing.

Doesn't have to be hundreds of yards..just not 5 yards from the junction...most people cross where they want anyway whether there's a crossing there or not..Seems daft doesn't it..in one breath Sheffield council want cleaner air.in the next they're causing long tailbacks of stationary traffic..

How much then?

£60 a time plus 3 points on the offender's license.

£60 a time plus 3 points on the offender's license.

I know what the penalty is..I meant how much do you think the government is making from red light transgressions..

I meant how much do you think the government is making from red light transgressions..

You mean "street girls"?

You mean "street girls"?

I knew someone would lower the tone :D

Doesn't have to be hundreds of yards..just not 5 yards from the junction...most people cross where they want anyway whether there's a crossing there or not..Seems daft doesn't it..in one breath Sheffield council want cleaner air.in the next they're causing long tailbacks of stationary traffic..

There are four major roads off that roundabout, plus Sharrow Vale Road as that's just off the Junction Road exit. It's also right next to the main entrance to a very popular park. Where else are pedestrians going to want to cross?

nagigation:huh::huh::huh:

Nagigation is when the girlfriend or wife is travelling with you, giving (incorrect) directions.

Nagigation is when the girlfriend or wife is travelling with you, telling you (incorrectly) where to go.

Haha...already used that gag...although you did phrase it better then I did! :thumbsup:

Nagigation is when the girlfriend or wife is travelling with you, giving (incorrect) directions.

PMSL! :hihi::hihi: