Is it time to get rid of traffic lights?

It's a cross between nagging, and navigation!.....It's where the wife tells you which way to go, and in what lane you're in!.....:hihi::hihi::hihi:

(Sorry Bloomindido...couldn't resist it :)

Have I inadvertantly invented a new word?

Generally drivers are more cautious when approaching 'out of order' traffic lights. Maybe a better idea would be to allow traffic to filter left on the red light. The USA has the filter system and it seems to work pretty well...

Have I inadvertantly invented a new word?

I'll submit it to the Oxford dictionary 'buffs' and see if it qualifies. :hihi::hihi:

It's a cross between nagging, and navigation!.....It's where the wife tells you which way to go, and in what lane you're in!.....:hihi::hihi::hihi:

(Sorry Bloomindido...couldn't resist it :)

Oooops. I think I just reinvented your name on here too!...:help:

Yet again today, I came across a set of traffic lights (on Brighthouse Lane) which were 'out'. Traffic was flowing beautifully, everyone being sensible and checking left and right, no hold up, no problems. I just sailed straight through!!! This was during morning rush-hour. Ordinarily, I always have to wait.

Whoever had the bright idea to put traffic lights directly after the exit to a roundabout wants their parts feeling (with a boot). You pull off quite safely from the roundabout junction only for the lights to change ahead, resulting in the situation where you're blocking all other adjoining roads ... very dangerous!

I'm talking specifically here about the Hunters Bar roundabout.

I think these traffic rules and signals are only for our safety and for traffic management. So, I don't angry with you. Sometimes it create problems for us but it is more beneficial.

Whoever had the bright idea to put traffic lights directly after the exit to a roundabout wants their parts feeling (with a boot). You pull off quite safely from the roundabout junction only for the lights to change ahead, resulting in the situation where you're blocking all other adjoining roads ... very dangerous!

I'm not familiar with where you mean, but it sounds remarkably similar to the set of lights I came across this morning. No lights, no problem. Lights back working and dangerous hold-ups.

Those terrible pedestrians wanting to cross the road. How inconsiderate of them.

Those terrible pedestrians wanting to cross the road. How inconsiderate of them.

I think the point is the positioning of the lights..not the fact that people want to cross over.

Do traffic lights cause more problems than those they purport to solve.

I read this interesting article today, and wonder if the guy is actually right.

How many times have you approached a junction where the lights are 'down' and found that traffic flows an awful lot better!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18072259

Won't happen, the Government gets too much money from fining people who jump red lights.

Won't happen, the Government gets too much money from fining people who jump red lights.

How much then?