Best place to get bulgarn lev

In sheffield or meadaohall

yes it will be obviously

In sheffield or meadaohall

is it tasty? never heard of it but i am willing to try something new.

change your money over there in the hotel youle get a better deal.

We get them from M&S, either in town or Meadowhall, because the rate tends to be reasonable and it's one of the few places that usually have them. I'd phone them first though to check - if they have them, they'll usually put them aside for you to pick up later that day.

I usually get mine from the main Post Office in town, they tend to have them in stock depending how much you need.

If not it takes about 24 hours for them to get them in for you.

change your money over there in the hotel youle get a better deal.

Not necessarily. Its usually the case, but not always. We have gone to Bulgaria twice a year for the last eight years. Last May it was a better exchange rate over here. It changed towards the end of May. A few months ago it was a really good exchange rate here so we put some Leva on one of those travel cash cards ready for our holiday. I got some Leva at M&S yesterday and the rate was good. I don't change large sums of money so its not worth too much shopping around. If you are changing large sums of money its worth doing a 'net search on the day you wnat to order or fecth your money.

How did anyone get all this, from the thread title....bulgarn lev....:huh:

the hotel rates are usually pretty bad.

If you are landing at sofia or plovdiv there are currency exchange kiosks after you clear immigration and the rates there are better than the hotels.

all the banks will change you GBP for leva

you can just take the cash out on your normal UK debit card from the ATM's over there and there are plenty of those.

Enjoy bulgaria - the weather is great this time of year and they have more types of salad than any other country i have been to !

How did anyone get all this, from the thread title....bulgarn lev....:huh:

Oh it wasn't just me then.

the last time I was in Bulgaria, it was illegal to bring their currency out of the country let alone buy in this country, lol. But Marks & Spencers is normally the best place to get currency