Weaning equipment

Hello!!! Just wondering what stuff parents found useful and what equipment didnt do the job. Looking at freezer pots and some say they are a nightmare wth the lids not staying on ornot coming out the pot. Are the 1st stage pots worth getting (1oz) or is it better to get the bigger ones and put small amount in. Thoughts would be appreciated xx

I love my tommee tippee little storage pots think i paid £3 for 24 off ebay, major bargain :) even now (Hes 8 months old) they hold more than my little one eats for 1 meal so perfect for me.

Prior to preparing his meals, I just use normal storage tubs like take away tubs to store food like Veg etc. Didnt see the point in buying anymore as Ive loads in my cupboards.

I also love my tommee tippee baby food blender although the noise makes my little one cry so have to use it with him in his cot with mobile playing and all the doors closed. Right size to blend enough for 2 meals and very easy to use/clean.

Recommend having plenty of spoons. Dont know where mine go then they reappear when Im not looking.

Hi, I reccomend this book:

http://www.rapleyweaning.com/blwbook.php

Baby lead weaning can be introduced if you are weaning at 6 months, by this stage babies are past the 'purée stage' and can be weaned eating the foods we eat with out mushing!

It also means u save loads of money on weaning equipment!

There's info on the website link above, and if you wanted to buy the book you can pick it up quite chea from amazon!

Thankd. Im confident on when and how to wean it was more thoughts on what equipment is useful. No idea when alfie will be ready, still thrieving on bteastmilk at 4 monthtures. Would do a mixture of whole pieces and purees at 6 monthd but if he was readybefore the xn i will give purees x

hi minxy,

we are both around the same stage!!

I have just started the cooking, steaming and roasting of fruit and veg, I have used blender loads so def get your hands on one, i got a cheap handheld from argos.

I have put my goodies into icecube trays then have transferred them into freezer bags with date and contents in. I got some small pots from sainsburys for taking stuff out and about with us. I will feed my baby from the same dishes as we use, I bought loads of baby pots and dishes for my first child and he used the same one over and over. I will buy a plastic bowl and plate for self feeding when she is ready, to avoid breakages!!!

fabgirl x

Another tip is - if you have a dishwasher, look for melamine instead of plastic - melamine is dishwasher proof :thumbsup:

We had a manual babyfood mincer from boots which did a pretty good job

They have got these things in Morrison's which are hand held and you just put a few tablespoons of food, cooked veg or pasta in to the cup and then close the handle on top and it mashes it into a puree which comes out of the bottom kind of like a big garlic crusher.

I've not done weaning yet but my mum has given me one of them because she said she had one when she weaned me and it was really hassle free, easy to wash and quick to use, made the right amount each time. Also when they have got going she used to use it to give me little bits of my parents dinner when it was suitable for a baby and it was very quick and easy just to put a bit of food in there and mash it from their meal.

Been to asda- different sized small pots with lids- 3 for 67p!x