Speed Camera Van Question

I pass through Oughtibridge on a daily basis ,and stop off at the Newsagents for The Star on my way home. Today there was a mobile speed camera van lurking in its usual spot on the one way system ( stocksbridge bound). I passed the camera ,but there was nowhere to park ,so i went back round the one way system ,and parked about 100 yds back up the one way system from the camera van . I ve parked here many ,many times and its perfectly legal to do so . But today , on parking up in my motor i saw the camera pointer using his mobile radio . Now im wondering if he was reporting me for parking there ,as he had a camera pointing back up that road at traffic coming round the bend and past me.. As i say , its always been perfectly legal to park where i did ,and many ,many people park there when using the shops in the village.

It wasnt like i parked 5 feet from his open window where he was pointing his camera , hence blocking his line of fire :hihi:. I was 100yds back up the road. But why did he suddenly go on his radio when i pulled up there. :huh:

That is exactly what i did and i got a knock on the door and ended up with a 8 month prison sentance.

That is exactly what i did and i got a knock on the door and ended up with a 8 month prison sentance.

Only 8 months. For such a crime against society ( Depriving the powers that be of revenue raised by these cameras) ,you should have been lined up against a wall and shot. :hihi:

There's never any reason to complain about any level of enforcement, since it is only ever your own fault if you transgress.

So i take it you have never strayed slightly over the speed limit ?

Anyhow ,we are straying off the original question i asked, which was is there any reason for the revenue raisers in the vans to be upset if a motorist parked LEGALLY ,but blocked their line of fire with their cameras. ?

So i take it you have never strayed slightly over the speed limit ?

What's that got to do with anything? Why do you feel you need to turn the argument around in some petty way to justify your transgression.

Perhaps you'd be better asking if HN has ever blocked a camera van as that would be more appropriate to the discussion, since you claim it's going off topic?

My mate parked his transit van perfectly legally in line of sight of the camera van on the bottom side of the one way system and was th

reatened by the guy's inside the van with obstruction but nothing happened and the van moved off

These van's are nothing to do with speeding and everything to do with tax collection,as all the camera's are sighted where the speed limit has been reduced

If they reduce speed limit's to 20 MPH everybody Bus/Car/tram driver's will be punished ,fined and have point's on their license

Edited by sid63

What transgression? He asked a question about parking.

What transgression? He asked a question about parking.

No, he replied with "So i take it you have never strayed slightly over the speed limit ?" which is the usual reply when someone states that it's not difficult to drive to the speed limit and avoid fines and penalties.

For some reason they need to turn the argument around because of their failings.

But in this case the OP didn't speed, so what transgression are you talking about? You can't argue with the 'usual' argument if it isn't being used.

Edit - it is valid of course to question some one who is being all holier than thou and see if they can actually live up to the standards they are espousing.

Camera vans are not interested in 'proper' speeders just drivers who stray just over the limit .

Camera vans earn from course qualifying drivers but not from them over the course threashold and thats why they specifically target the safe strayers.

For some reason they need to turn the argument around because of their failings.

What failings :huh:

I havnt broken any laws. I was merely asking if the revenue raisers in vans could argue about motorists parking LEGALLY ,but blocking the sight of the camera.

These van's are nothing to do with speeding and everything to do with tax collection

Possibly, but if you believe the SYSCP's FOI responses, the money from fines is only around 10-20% of the cost of operating the cameras:

http://www.southyorkshire.police.uk/foi/disclosurelog/syscp-20110046

Interestingly, the guy from Grimsby who was done for "wilfully obstructing a policewoman in the execution of her duty" (he flashed his lights to warn oncoming cars) claimed he was helping the police by slowing the traffic. The court disagreed, suggesting they were more concerned about the loss of revenue.

Camera vans are not interested in 'proper' speeders just drivers who stray just over the limit .

Camera vans earn from course qualifying drivers but not from them over the course threashold and thats why they specifically target the safe strayers.

Utter twaddle.