Speed Camera Van Question

For what offence?

I was scratching my head thinking the same , Because As long as you are parked legally they cant do owt. You arnt breaking any laws. The only thing you are doing is stopping them making money .:hihi: But seeing as they like us to believe the cameras are NOT revenue raisers, then i dont see the problem.

The only possible reason for them to take the hump with someone parked legally ,but blocking their line of fire would be if the motorist was damaging their earning potential. ( which of course the will deny ).

A quick Google states the offence would be "unnecessary obstruction / wilful obstruction" and would be a fixed penalty offence.

Of what? I suspect that offence might be related to obstructing a constable, although you haven't given enough detail to be sure.

Its such a shame that people feel the need to obstruct the camera though rather than drive at the posted limit. It seems that people feel they don't need to obey rules and laws if they're in their car.

It might be more about the (disproportionate) way the rules are enforced that they disagree with.

A quick Google states the offence would be "unnecessary obstruction / wilful obstruction" and would be a fixed penalty offence.

Its such a shame that people feel the need to obstruct the camera though rather than drive at the posted limit. It seems that people feel they don't need to obey rules and laws if they're in their car.

i wasnt parking there to obstruct the camera( although ,thinking about it ,if my vehicle was an irritation to the camera pointer, that`s a bonus :hihi:), i was parking in a spot i park on a daily basis to pop in the newsagents for a Star on my way home to Penistone. If they dont want motorists parking LEGALLY near their camera van , then maybe they should park their van on double yellow lines where us mere mortals cannot park . That way they would have a nice clear view for the camera. :)

It might be more about the (disproportionate) way the rules are enforced that they disagree with.

What's disproportionate about a £60 fine and three points for failing to drive to a level you were capable of doing up to the point you got your driving licence?

What's disproportionate about a £60 fine and three points for failing to drive to a level you were capable of doing up to the point you got your driving licence?

I said the way they are enforced, not the punishment for breaking them.

I said the way they are enforced, not the punishment for breaking them.

The way they are enforced can never be grounds for complaint by anybody, since nobody should be breaking them.

The way they are enforced can never be grounds for complaint by anybody, since nobody should be breaking them.

I disagree, disproportionate enforcement of minor transgressions is a good reason for complaint.

I disagree, disproportionate enforcement of minor transgressions is a good reason for complaint.

There's never any reason to complain about any level of enforcement, since it is only ever your own fault if you transgress.

Still waiting for the clarification on this, obstruction of what, what is the full title of the offence?

There's never any reason to complain about any level of enforcement, since it is only ever your own fault if you transgress.

Ridiculous. If that were true then RIPA powers wouldn't have been scaled back after widespread abuse, their use was considered to be disproportionate for many of the crimes they were being used to detect.

Still waiting for the clarification on this, obstruction of what, what is the full title of the offence?

I couldn't tell you what the specific offence is. I remember having read of cases where people were convicted and fined for interfering with the work of a speed camera.

I couldn't tell you what the specific offence is. I remember having read of cases where people were convicted and fined for interfering with the work of a speed camera.

You might be thinking of cases which involved the police, I doubt there is any legislation to stop you parking legally near to a civilian staffed speed van.