Speed Camera Van Question

I pass through Oughtibridge on a daily basis ,and stop off at the Newsagents for The Star on my way home. Today there was a mobile speed camera van lurking in its usual spot on the one way system ( stocksbridge bound). I passed the camera ,but there was nowhere to park ,so i went back round the one way system ,and parked about 100 yds back up the one way system from the camera van . I ve parked here many ,many times and its perfectly legal to do so . But today , on parking up in my motor i saw the camera pointer using his mobile radio . Now im wondering if he was reporting me for parking there ,as he had a camera pointing back up that road at traffic coming round the bend and past me.. As i say , its always been perfectly legal to park where i did ,and many ,many people park there when using the shops in the village.

It wasnt like i parked 5 feet from his open window where he was pointing his camera , hence blocking his line of fire :hihi:. I was 100yds back up the road. But why did he suddenly go on his radio when i pulled up there. :huh:

I pass through Oughtibridge on a daily basis ,and stop off at the Newsagents for The Star on my way home. Today there was a mobile speed camera van lurking in its usual spot on the one way system ( stocksbridge bound). I passed the camera ,but there was nowhere to park ,so i went back round the one way system ,and parked about 100 yds back up the one way system from the camera van . I ve parked here many ,many times and its perfectly legal to do so . But today , on parking up in my motor i saw the camera pointer using his mobile radio . Now im wondering if he was reporting me for parking there ,as he had a camera pointing back up that road at traffic coming round the bend and past me.. As i say , its always been perfectly legal to park where i did ,and many ,many people park there when using the shops in the village.

It wasnt like i parked 5 feet from his open window where he was pointing his camera , hence blocking his line of fire :hihi:. I was 100yds back up the road. But why did he suddenly go on his radio when i pulled up there. :huh:

Don't worry about it and well done.

Even if he was on the radio to a parking womble, there's nothing they can do now you're gone, even if you weren't parked legally, and they had photographic evidence.

Even if he was on the radio to a parking womble, there's nothing they can do now you're gone, even if you weren't parked legally, and they had photographic evidence.

I was parked perfectly legally , albeit slightly blocking his line of fire for his camera. In fact HE was the only vehicle parked ILLEGALLY ,as he was sat on a small box hatching next to the pavement outside a shop entrance.It just seemed strange that he would go on his radio the minute i pulled up .

I may be wrong, but if he's a contractor, then there's probably nothing he could do even if you were parked right in his line of fire. Don't take that as legal advice, but I'm fairly confident you'd be able to argue the toss.

It would be a classic if a speed van did someone for not moving.

if you was parked legally there is no case to answer, unless you sped to get to the parking space! :hihi:

couldif ther as owt wrong he would have radioed his mates to stop you further along the road have been an ANPR camera, sure

He had been tipped of by the police who use mountain bikes to watch out for you, just incase you open your car door as a poor unsuspecting cyclist is passing.

if you was parked legally there is no case to answer, unless you sped to get to the parking space! :hihi:

No , i always make sure im under the speed limit when passing speed cameras. ;)

He had been tipped of by the police who use mountain bikes to watch out for you, just incase you open your car door as a poor unsuspecting cyclist is passing.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

it could be that you parking and the person using the radio was just a coincidence