Clearing out my house for Charity?

So I'm moving in 2 weeks to a flat. I currently live in a 2 Bed house which is too big for me. I have history (lived with an ex etc) and there's a whole house full of things I don't want or need. I've considered hiring a skip, but this seems a bad waste.

It's things from pictures, to crockery, to clothing, even a (slightly warped) pool table, cot (in bits) and lots of other stuff I have no reason to keep.

Is anyone aware of a way I can give this all to charity? I don't drive, so am not able to transport anything, but I'd really like to avoid hiring a skip and throwing away stuff which might benefit someone else.

There's a place on Queens Road, behind St Wilfrids Centre which dispenses household goods to people in need. Think it's called St Vincent de Paul or something similar.

Yes, here's the website link ... [http://www.svpfurniturestoresheffield.org.uk/Home.aspx

And there's Remar that collects household stuff further down off Shoreham Street.

Or just stick it onto Freegle and the vultures will descend on you and take it all away! Though that's not charity of course.

Freegle is too small, what I'm really looking for is someone with a big van just coming and taking it all away. I've been PM'd something which is of use, I may try that.

British heart foundation will collect larger stuff.

If you contact Bluebell Wood they will collect

There's a place on Queens Road, behind St Wilfrids Centre which dispenses household goods to people in need. Think it's called St Vincent de Paul or something similar.

Yes, here's the website link ... [http://www.svpfurniturestoresheffield.org.uk/Home.aspx

And there's Remar that collects household stuff further down off Shoreham Street.

Yes, St Vincent de Paul are fantastic. The Salvation Army also.

I would hesitate myself regarding REMAR. Wasn't there a thread of how someone had described their 'experiences' with them?

Pm sent thanks

Or just stick it onto Freegle and the vultures will descend on you and take it all away! Though that's not charity of course.
Thats very derogatory isn't it. I use Freecycle for giving and receiving and don't class it as vultures, more like recycling.

Thats very derogatory isn't it. I use Freecycle for giving and receiving and don't class it as vultures, more like recycling.

It wasn't really meant to be, but I use Freegle as well and you do just get the feeling that there are some people out there who sit glued to their e-mails every minute of the day just waiting for something to come up that they can go and collect and then resell. It's the ones who abuse the system that I'd class as vultures.

It wasn't really meant to be, but I use Freegle as well and you do just get the feeling that there are some people out there who sit glued to their e-mails every minute of the day just waiting for something to come up that they can go and collect and then resell. It's the ones who abuse the system that I'd class as vultures.

Yeah they are like vultures on Freegle, you get a better class of people on Freecycle, who actually like to use it for recycling ;)