Garden plants advive needed.

I,ve just done all our garden and now i need to know what sort of plants will be ok i want ones that smell nice and some that will come back every year and i also want to know the name of this plant its very long with lovely flowers that pop open thay pinks and whites and i think purple thay lovely but am new to gardening and dont have a clue,we have just moved out of a flat in to a house so me and my boyfriend are new to planting plants and been green fingered please give me some ideas what to plant and were to buy them from thanks for looking :D

Your local garden centre will be able to advise you on suitable plants for your soil type and aspect. Find out which way the various beds face, establish the soil type and then pop down and speak to your local garden centre.

From your limitted description I believe the plant you are talking about is fuschia, they come in a very wide variety of colours and habits, again your local garden centre can advise on the best varieties for your gardens conditions.

Your local garden centre will be able to advise you on suitable plants for your soil type and aspect. Find out which way the various beds face, establish the soil type and then pop down and speak to your local garden centre.

From your limitted description I believe the plant you are talking about is fuschia, they come in a very wide variety of colours and habits, again your local garden centre can advise on the best varieties for your gardens conditions.

Ok Thank you were is my local garden center i sound silly but like i say am very to all this :roll: i live on Heeley we have a B&Q down our road would thay be able to tell me about the flowers we need.

Thanks for your help.

Sound like Lilies to me!!

Ok Thank you were is my local garden center i sound silly but like i say am very to all this :roll: i live on Heeley we have a B&Q down our road would thay be able to tell me about the flowers we need.

Thanks for your help.

B&Q will not have a clue. I don't use suppliers round heely and i'm not convinced there are any so can't advise on very local, if you want your garden to work then if you can id the soil type and note down aspects and sizes of all your borders then i'd take a trip to loxey nurseries. The horticultural staff are second to none, even though the owner couldn't tell a dandelion from a campanula. Either there or High Riggs above Stannington, again good horticulturalists and neither charge silly money.

Thanks for your help.

LOL... Do not waste your time going to B&Q for ANY gardening advice, especially plant advice....

Could be aquilegia...........grannies bonnets. They pop up all over the place and come in all different colours and are very pretty.

They grow like weeds around our garden but I do love to see them.

If you google the names given on here then you might find out what you've got..........or post a picture.