Cats & fleas, do I need to change the treatment

Wondering if anyone can help, I get advocate flea treatment from my vets and put it on to the day it needs to be re done, I did it a week ago and today 1 of my cats has come back with fleas, iv used advocate from my vets since we got them nearly 10 months ago, do I need to change the flea treatment or will the advocate just kill them?

Your vet should have advised you that the only thing guaranteed to kill fleas is Frontline and you don't need to get it from vets now, the chemist on Exchange Street in town sells it but it is quite expensive. I'd change vets if I were you

Your vet should have advised you that the only thing guaranteed to kill fleas is Frontline and you don't need to get it from vets now, the chemist on Exchange Street in town sells it but it is quite expensive. I'd change vets if I were you

pets at home & most chemist sell Frontline. Frontline combo is only available from vets or online with a prescription. Advocate does kill fleas so the vet will never tell anyone to only use frontline as both work equally well

With 4 cats we use the advocate on them all ( we have them on the health plan) they get the tape worm tablet every 3 months from vets, we've not seen fleas on them since we started except for now on 1 of the cats, will they just die then, do I need to put all the flea treatment on carpets etc

The thing to remember is when you first see fleas the life cycle has already begun, they will have laid eggs around the house so it will take time to eradicate them completely. Flea treatments interrupt the breeding cycle and so prevent reproduction or something like that but they are doomed.