Summarily dismissed from work!! help!!

What is it that you have done Kiewee for them to dissmiss you it all sounds very petty to me and that you have been harshly treated has someone got it in for you.

As a lot of the replies say above-ACAS-If any help can be given they are the people to talk to. My daughter who is 7 months pregnant was given so much grieve by her now ex employers, ACAS were a godsend to her.

Someone I worked with got dismissed for looking at a text message their partner sent to them to remind em to buy milk on the way home whilst stacking shelves.

Was your dismissal as ridiculous as that?

If i had to speculate - i would speculate thet they would be charging half the NHS staff for that particular "crime"

Fact is she was found innocent of the allegations and not re instated. Just proving you are in the right is not the be all and end all in employment.

If i had to speculate further - the OP aint going back to work - no way no how because they will find some other trumped up garbage - compo is the outcome - if i had to speculate.

Rebecca Leighton currently has a conditions of practice order in place , this information is in the public domain what isn't in the public domain is the quantities of drugs involved, Tramadol while an opioid and a POM isn't a controlled drug , it's not even Sch5 - which codeine and dyhydrocodeine are - but you can buy products containing them from pharmacies ...

the eventual outcome of this will depend on exactly how much she had taken from work and the intent in doing so ... are we talking about a habit and boxes and boxes of the stuff or a part used strip found in the course of the search in the light of her being suspected in the patient deaths ...

Someone I worked with got dismissed for looking at a text message their partner sent to them to remind em to buy milk on the way home whilst stacking shelves.

Was your dismissal as ridiculous as that?

Unless they then threw the mobile at someone there is more to that story. Unless it is gross misconduct you have to have warnings first, or your colleague had a bizarre contract.

Guest busdriver1
Unless they then threw the mobile at someone there is more to that story. Unless it is gross misconduct you have to have warnings first, or your colleague had a bizarre contract.

I have heard of similar claims from people over bizarre dismissal cases. On further investigation however it turned out that this was what they got caught for. The real reason was very difficult to prove but genuine.

I had a job where it was gross misconduct to take your phone onto the shop floor.

Kiewee i hope you have got it sorted out and took them to the cleaners

You can get sacked for anything. No rights for a year (two soon I believe). It's only the public sector and larger companies that go through the proper procedures and they do that to protect themselves not the employee. The rest tell you to pick up your cards from the office and mind the back of your head on the door on the way out ...

You can get sacked for anything. No rights for a year (two soon I believe). It's only the public sector and larger companies that go through the proper procedures and they do that to protect themselves not the employee. The rest tell you to pick up your cards from the office and mind the back of your head on the door on the way out ...

Absolute nonesense. When is that the case 1910???

ALL employers have to follow the rules whether they like it or not. If they dont off you pop to tribunal to get them sorted out.

There has never been so many laws protecting employees. Even temporary workers are now protected under the Employment Rights Act after a few months. NOT two years.

Might be worth having a check on some of your comments.

I agree to an extent (and I largely recind my earlier comment), perhaps the mobile 'phone user was on day 2 of the job in which case he could be pretty much sacked for anything (I believe).

But instant dismissal would have to be something really serious other than that.

Considering there is only the OP's version of events, it's pretty stupid to speculate the employer is wrong.To be dismissed for gross misconduct is serious and of course no one knows the full extent of what happened.