Summarily dismissed from work!! help!!

Poice must have searched her home for the murder inquiry - if theft was discovered - why wasnt she charged ?

as is there right, there are instances where they can be advised but representation does not have to be given.

(nothing against the OP as we don't know the full circumstances)

but it annoys me that people have the chance to join a union but cant either be bothered or don't feel they need to until its too late then when they need a union then they come running with their application form.

i use the the basic analogy of insuring your contents in your house, you don't have to insure your contents but if the worse was to happen would Aviva let you retrospectively apply for insurance after a theft.

Well lets reverse this the - what about the guy who joins - contributes for 21 years and is then sued for asking for representation by a bent leadership ?

Youre ahead of me on this one - So what sentence did she get for those thefts ?

The police never prosecuted. If I had to speculate I say that it was the discovery of these thefts that led her to being a suspect. If I remember correctly the NMC said that she could return to work but only under restricted practice and under supervision.

That's a different case which happened in a Sheffield hospital.

Poice must have searched her home for the murder inquiry - if theft was discovered - why wasnt she charged ?

Again I'm speculating, I guess that it wasn't in the public interest to spend all the money prosecuting the nurse as the loss of her job and diminished professional standing was seen as adequate punishment.

The police never prosecuted. If I had to speculate I say that it was the discovery of these thefts that led her to being a suspect. If I remember correctly the NMC said that she could return to work but only under restricted practice and under supervision.

If i had to speculate - i would speculate thet they would be charging half the NHS staff for that particular "crime"

Fact is she was found innocent of the allegations and not re instated. Just proving you are in the right is not the be all and end all in employment.

If i had to speculate further - the OP aint going back to work - no way no how because they will find some other trumped up garbage - compo is the outcome - if i had to speculate.

Go to the jobcentre, if you are no longer employed with this company and ask for a TR1 form, for an Employment Tribunal, this has to be done ASAP. Good Luck. Its always worth fighting for.

That's a good idea AFTER the OP has had an appeal heard. If you take it to tribunal and there's been no appeal, the tribunal panel will not look at it in favour of the employee, They will say they should've followed procedure and appealed. However, if the company has NOT followed the correct [legal] procedure with regards to disciplinary and appeal and this is proven at tribunal, unfair dismissal is generally automatic.

That said, I don't know the specifics of the case but I have dealt with a few appeals and tribunals over the years.

As said before, get some sound empoyment law advice. But get your appeal letter in sharpish. The appeal proceadure should've been explained at your disiciplinary hearing....ie, who to appeal to. That person shouldn't be the same person who dealt with the disciplinary. It should also say on your disciplinary letter.

Edited by damophoto

Again I'm speculating, I guess that it wasn't in the public interest to spend all the money prosecuting the nurse as the loss of her job and diminished professional standing was seen as adequate punishment.

Not sure the law works in that way as a general rule.

If i could go on a theft spree and lost my house / job - im not sure the personal consequences alleviate the criminal aspect

If i had to speculate - i would speculate thet they would be charging half the NHS staff for that particular "crime"

No they wouldn't. You don't spend years training and then years gaining experience only to throw it away.

Smell the coffee - how many NHS staff you seen buying band aid from poundland.

Its office staff with paperclips and biros at home.

Smell the coffee - how many NHS staff you seen buying band aid from poundland.

Its office staff with paperclips and biros at home.

We're going to have to agree to disagree as we've already dragged this thread way off topic.

Ok - me and you NHS staff leaving work 10pm all chemists closed and both with a migraine coming on - good christian that you are you wont be wanting any of the migromax the dead bloke on ward 5 no longer needs.

They will stay in my cupboard at home undiscovered (murder enquiries permitting) you keep your headache and get your reward in heaven.

On topic the advice is to follow procedure to the letter - observing time limits especially if it gets to a tribunal stage. I would be looking for another job anyways based on the nurse example whhich i dont think is actually that far off topic. Guilty until proven innoccent then dismissed for somethingh else which turned up along the way which seems to be theft but is not chargeable............ bizarre