Summarily dismissed from work!! help!!

Have to admit im curious to know what the op did or didnt do.

Its human nature i supose:hihi:

I agree 200%, but discussing what could become a court case on the internet (especially on here) is rarely a good idea.

i do have a contract and they presented some statements from people wich were quite vague and in my eyes incorrect, i didnt have a witness either as i chose not to take one with me, my main concern is i was suspended for 17days untill i heard a thing from my employer, i was not given a suspension letter utling the reasons in which i was suspended i didnt no what the allegation was against me untill i i recived a disciplinary hearing letter, and im my company handbook itn states any employee suspended must recieve it formally in writing when i raises this (along with a few other points at my hearing) the hearing was ajurned for a week.

two days later i recieved a suspension letter (20days too late!) and a new disciplinary hearing letter for the following weekend.

in the meeting i raised the issue again of it been 20days too late the manageers sid although company policies state i shoud have had a letter it is not a legal requirement?

Also before i was suspended i was asked to give a statement with regards to the alleged incident which i was told one my manager had taken the statement i could proof read and sign, which didnt! it was passed straight to the manager dealing with the disciplinary.

After recieveing a copy of this un signed statement, i realsied some words were misplaced and worded wrong, so i raised this at the meeting too (anther reason it was ajurned) and at the 2nd meet the manager had spoken to my line mager who originally took my statement and he said i was asked to read and sign my statment but i chose not too!(a complete lie) however 5 other statements from 5 members of staff were taken and they ALL signed theirs! when i rised this issue he said the manger had writtned a statment of truth and was willing to stand up on oath if he had too!ant that yet again a signature on my statement wasnt a legal requirement!

But as far as im concerned correct rules and procedures havent been follwed? what do you think? (sorry for going on!)

I agree 200%, but discussing what could become a court case on the internet (especially on here) is rarely a good idea.

As long as the OP doesn't state who he/she is or the workplace, I dont see a problem.

Good point!:)

i do have a contract and they presented some statements from people wich were quite vague and in my eyes incorrect, i didnt have a witness either as i chose not to take one with me, my main concern is i was suspended for 17days untill i heard a thing from my employer, i was not given a suspension letter utling the reasons in which i was suspended i didnt no what the allegation was against me untill i i recived a disciplinary hearing letter, and im my company handbook itn states any employee suspended must recieve it formally in writing when i raises this (along with a few other points at my hearing) the hearing was ajurned for a week.

two days later i recieved a suspension letter (20days too late!) and a new disciplinary hearing letter for the following weekend.

in the meeting i raised the issue again of it been 20days too late the manageers sid although company policies state i shoud have had a letter it is not a legal requirement?

Also before i was suspended i was asked to give a statement with regards to the alleged incident which i was told one my manager had taken the statement i could proof read and sign, which didnt! it was passed straight to the manager dealing with the disciplinary.

After recieveing a copy of this un signed statement, i realsied some words were misplaced and worded wrong, so i raised this at the meeting too (anther reason it was ajurned) and at the 2nd meet the manager had spoken to my line mager who originally took my statement and he said i was asked to read and sign my statment but i chose not too!(a complete lie) however 5 other statements from 5 members of staff were taken and they ALL signed theirs! when i rised this issue he said the manger had writtned a statment of truth and was willing to stand up on oath if he had too!ant that yet again a signature on my statement wasnt a legal requirement!

But as far as im concerned correct rules and procedures havent been follwed? what do you think? (sorry for going on!)

I think you worked for a nob!

I also think you sound like you have something to go on with an appeal.

You need to speak to a solicitor.

Try some of these

https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&safe=off&sclient=psy-ab&q=24+hour+free+legal+advice+uk&oq=24+hour+free+&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_l=hp.1.0.0l4.1.22376.1.26174.23.15.3.5.5.1.318.1991.1j13j0j1.15.0...1.0.-C29Hnak-IQ&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=e045a2b0a4248e08&biw=1466&bih=844

Some offer genuine 24 hours phone advice so have apick through them and see which ones have a freephone number (those genrally are the best ones) and seewhat they say.:)

As long as the OP doesn't state who he/she is or the workplace, I dont see a problem.

Perhaps, though the Internet has a tendency to make people say too much.

Just being cautious on the OPs behalf :)

as has been said

1. get an appeal letter in asap

2. you need some advice and you'll do bnetter at a hearing with a next friend, most employers will not let you have a lawyer as next friend and will expect you to conduct your own defence with minimal input from the next firend unless they are an accreditted TU rep

this is a good reason to be member of a professional representative organisation / trade union, as individual representation is often worth the subs alone...

often when you are suspended there will not be a complete statement of case - just a fairly vague set of accusations

OP how long before the hearing were you given disclosure of the management case and did management ask for any response in advance of the hearing . were you given the opportunity of calling witnesses ( of either 'side') to clarify their statements ?

Go to the jobcentre, if you are no longer employed with this company and ask for a TR1 form, for an Employment Tribunal, this has to be done ASAP. Good Luck. Its always worth fighting for.

hi sorry but you need to join a Union ASAP, get them to build a defense i was under threat like you but my union the GMB on Norfolk st will help. and you must write every thing down that your alleged to have done do hope for you they are false allegations are untrue cause they are really putting there foot down. but again you must appeal and join a union when you join a union they will help you but get all the info you can

hi sorry but you need to join a Union ASAP, get them to build a defense i was under threat like you but my union the GMB on Norfolk st will help. and you must write every thing down that your alleged to have done do hope for you they are false allegations are untrue cause they are really putting there foot down. but again you must appeal and join a union when you join a union they will help you but get all the info you can

A lot of unions won't work retrospectively

A lot of unions won't work retrospectively

Unison will if it can, but not if there's current action taking place. Should disciplinary action be pending, then it's unlikely they'll be able to help. If a letter of dismissal has been received, then they may take the view that any support given will be for new action. It's well worth a try.

Unison were brilliant with my cousin's wife who was being dismissed for incapability due to illness. They couldn't help with any action against dismissal, but started up a new case for her to get her her pension. She wasn't a Union member, but joined specifically for this case.