Business from home - scam?

How do you think, why people think "business from home" is a scam?

Does anybody run "business from home" here in Sheffield?

Im pretty sure plenty of people in Sheffield run a business from home

Its usually when people say they will be able to earn a great income and words to that effect...not necessarily a scam in an illegal sense, but conning folk to believe there is money to be made when in all reality, they will not make hardly anything.

Some of them make money off the joinng fee alone, and if the person fails - usually MLM businesses - the person blames themself or decides it wasnt for them.....and the MLM company wins regardless.

Anyone who so much as mentions anything remotely like "make money working from home"" should be avoided. If you are going to run business, run your own, don't pay to be a part of any MLM....unless you fancing risking some money and have nothing better to do.

Its usually when people say they will be able to earn a great income and words to that effect...not necessarily a scam in an illegal sense, but conning folk to believe there is money to be made when in all reality, they will not make hardly anything.

Some of them make money off the joinng fee alone, and if the person fails - usually MLM businesses - the person blames themself or decides it wasnt for them.....and the MLM company wins regardless.

Anyone who so much as mentions anything remotely like "make money working from home"" should be avoided. If you are going to run business, run your own, don't pay to be a part of any MLM....unless you fancing risking some money and have nothing better to do.

It's very interesting what are you saying about mlm. I'm live in uk about 3 years and I've noticed that there's no mlm companies activities in Uk market (when you compare to rest of the europe, uk seems to not to have mlm industry at all). I'm wondering why? Was something bad happend to this industry in uk the past or something? For example in Germany is recomended business model by goverment for unemployment people etc... Why UK market is different? Or maybe it's only my view at this ;)

It's very interesting what are you saying about mlm. I'm live in uk about 3 years and I've noticed that there's no mlm companies activities in Uk market (when you compare to rest of the europe, uk seems to not to have mlm industry at all). I'm wondering why? Was something bad happend to this industry in uk the past or something? For example in Germany is recomended business model by goverment for unemployment people etc... Why UK market is different? Or maybe it's only my view at this ;)

Because 99% of people don't make any money.

In theory mlm can be profitable, it is so often abused and relies on an attrition rate to make the top of food chain richer. Too often rubbish products at inflated prices.

Not in all cases though. I would just be very careful as to who one gets involved with.

I run my own MLM/Direct Selling business from home very sucessfully. I work as an Independent Phoenix Trader selling greeting cards and stationery. As a company, Phoenix Trading abide by the rules and regulations of the Direct Selling Association and we would never tell anyone they can earn X amount of £. Its all to do with hard work, you get back what you put in. Its not right to make promises about earnings because this is unfair. Each time I mention recruiting traders I have to include the statutory notice:

"DO NOT BE MISLED BY CLAIMS THAT HIGH EARNINGS ARE EASILY ACHIEVED. IT IS ILLEGAL FOR A PROMOTER OR A PARTICIPANT IN A TRADING SCHEME TO PERSUADE ANYONE TO MAKE A PAYMENT BY PROMISING BENEFITS FROM GETTING OTHERS TO JOIN"

I have seen several companies miss this information out, if you are wanting to join a MLM/direct selling scheme then its good to check their credits first such as the DSA to make sure you are protected by an ethical company.

I think you're right. Plenty of legit mlm schemes out there, I have a friend who personally made a fortune with mlm.

Worth noting he started the business rather than bough in to an existing model.